Drove an 06 Z06 Today!

ES Stangin

Apr 6, 2005
Erie, Pa
I love working at a Chevy dealership.. Our 06 Z06 arrived at the dealership today. All I can say is.. :jaw: The car is just amazing. I didnt get a chance to get on it but I could tell it had some balls. It sucks though because my Cobra calipers arrived at work today, and I was very excited about them, that is until I saw the 6 Piston calipers on the front of the Vette.

• Sponsors (?)

Riley, C6 refers to the new "style" as in the '98(I think that was the first year) until '05 was the C5, now the redesign is the C6. The Z06 is just the king of all C6's. :)

If I had the money, the new Z06 would be my choice for a sports car bar none.

The dealer my wife purchased her C5 Z06 from called her a couple months back to see if she would like to come to a C6 Z06 open house for past Z06 owners. We went and they let us drive one around but of course the weather was crap so you could not do much. It feels good but really don't notice the extra 100hp till above 4000rpm and in 4th gear pull. Nice car but you can get a 2004 C5 Z06 now for about $30k with very low miles if you hunt around. I really thinj the Shelby Mustang with the dealer screwing with the price is just going to kill the product and Ford should step in and not allow this.

speedytang said:
I really thinj the Shelby Mustang with the dealer screwing with the price is just going to kill the product and Ford should step in and not allow this.
Agreed. I test drove an '06 GT and asked the salesman about the GT500. Those dealers are crapping their pants to get one in, because they already have wait lists that are twice as long as their allotments, and they expect they won't even get their allotments as Ford big wigs pull muscle to get some cars.

Ford should nip that chit in the bud, and build 3 or 4 times as many GT500's as currently planned.