Dry or oil soaked for pushrod lenght ?

• Sponsors (?)

You just soak the lifters in oil for 24 hours before installing. You'll be able to feel the point where the rod is getting pressure by rotating it with your fingers.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user
I get them at the hardware store. Never can keep up with small stuff like that for some reason. At one point I used a valve spring off of a lawn mower engine and that worked fine too. It doesnt' take much.

I just bought the kit from LMR that came with a modified lifter and pushrod to check the length with... easier than swapping springs for me. I tried to find the link but it looks like maybe they no longer sell it.

Reactions: 1 user
I get them at the hardware store. Never can keep up with small stuff like that for some reason. At one point I used a valve spring off of a lawn mower engine and that worked fine too. It doesnt' take much.

My local hardware stores didn't have anything that would work well. I did find a spring at lowes that would work, but it ended up binding up all the time due to being too long. In the end, the $3 or so for Amazon to ship it to me was cheaper than my time spent searching for springs.

I needed to swap my springs on the heads anyway...so i had them off. The light springs didnt collapse the lifters so i was able to use my original lifters

One of those things where there are many ways to do the task.

Thanks Just bought them. I've heard people saying use the springs your going to be running. I'm going to run some marks using pumped up lifters with the stock springs and then the light springs to see what happens. Hope this doesn't counfuse me more :(