DTC P0315

phoneman91

Founding Member
Apr 15, 2001
Aurora,Colorado
I have a 2011 GT Mustang and it has a permanent DTC of P0315 and it can't be reset. I am using Torque Lite app and it can't remove it. No modifications and no other DTC.Slight uneven idle. Mileage of 13k.

I have seen on Youtube that it is possible to relearn the crankshaft position sensor by revving the car in neutral up to 4300 RPM and then letting it return to idle--and this will allow the CKP to relearn and then this DTC can be reset.

Is this correct?

• Sponsors (?)

Ford's Customer Satisfaction Program 17N01--extends coverage until 2027
I learned that there is a Ford Customer Satisfaction Program 17n01 that extends warranty coverage for DTC permanent code P0315 for 2011-14 Mustangs until May 31 2027.

But only for the State of California owners. California told Ford that they will fail cars that have this DTC P0315 when the car are scanned and tested for emissions. But it is unclean if other State owners will also be covered. I contacted Ford and told them that other States that do I/W240 dyno test and do scanning of the ECM will probably also fail. They told me that apparently only owners in California are now covered for this DTC until 2027.