Duralast Gold ceramic with warranty....

LucasMelo

Feb 9, 2002
Miami, FL
Guys, has anyone tried the Autozone brand Ceramic pads???

They offer free lifetime replacement on them when they wear out and they cost $59.99!
(according to website and store manager)

Also do you guys know how to order or have the part number for the Ford OEM Bullitt/Cobra/Mach front brake pads???
I remember seeing here that the Motorcraft and Ford OEM are different.....
How would I know the difference???? :shrug:

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldnt buy any hard ceramic pads, I used to work at NAPA during HS and they have 3 grades Truestop, Saftery Stop, Then AE Ceramics. The difference is the Hardness off the pads, the AE are Limetime Warrantied at Napa to but they are so hard they will wear your rotor out before the pads will ever go because they are so hard and abrasive. Same with Autozone yeh the pads last forever but the other problems they cause isnt worth it.

The best pads are always there middle grade pads

Autozone parts suck.... ALL OF THEM!
I had new Autozone ceramic pads on my Mark VIII when I bought it 7 months ago. Car always stopped like crap and kept getting worse. Glazed and overheated my rotors too :notnice:
I just switched out the rotors and got Stop Tech ceramic pads and man can the car stop now :nice:

The AZ ones had 90% of their meat left but all were full of cracks all the way through. One of the rear pads broke into 3 pieces when I removed it. They are the worst brakes I have ever used and made the car downright scarry to drive :notnice:

I HATE AUTOZONE!!! :FUSS:

Anyways...I would NOT buy those pads. Like Laser said, they are not good brakes. They fade, squeal, crack etc...no thanks.

I put Wagner Ceramic Pads on "Project 81 Hack Job" (81 notch with a 2001 drivetrain). I had chrome Bullits on there. These brake pads would NOT make the wheels very dirty. After a tank of gas in the city and hell even after twelve 1/4 mile passes they has just a light coating of brake dust. They didn't even look dirty. They stopped perfect too. NO complaints.

Here's the car so you don't think being a 1981 Mustang is a POS.

DSC05385.jpg

Wheel is dirty in this pic. 200 mile and no cleaning.
DSC05389.jpg

Attachments

• DSC05389.jpg
    DSC05389.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 168
I ran those pads back when I was strapped for cash my freshman year of college (3 years ago), and threw autozone ceramics on the front and rear because my calipers were sticking in the front and the slide pin all froze at the same time. I got my Mach1 kit about two months ago and sadly, for me, the autozone pads had probably similar stopping power pad wise (GT vs. Cobra calipers remember) and they clearly dusted less than the ones that came in the kit, I have to say, the Mach1 kit vs. the stock 11 inch 2 piston PBR's is like night and day however. If you can afford the Hawk's or EBC go with them, if you didnt have much income like I did at the time go with the autozones, and hold onto the recipt man!

wheres a good place to get these pads?

I bought mine at a local mom and pop auto parts store. I was leary about buying them, but from now on...that is all I am buying.

I spent like 80 bucks on Raybestos for my Cobra...garbage!!! They stop fine, but the brake dust is seriouslly rediculous! 20-30 miles and the silver Cobra R's are completly darkened up.

I actually just installed the Duralast gold a few weeks ago. I wouldn't buy them again because when you go with a ceramic pad you sacrifice stopping power. Plus the hardness of the ceramic compound will eat your brake rotors faster. My car is a daily driver in high traffic around town and I've noticed the reduced performance. For me, I'd rather have high performance out of the pads and just clean off the brake dust occasionally instead having less performance and no dust. Just spend a few extra bux and get the brembo sport pads, it's the option I should've gone with

Ok.......

So I might not get them then!!

Back to my other question, does anyone here run the ford oem ones???

I want them because I know they are ok/good and last a long time!!!

Thanks for the help guys!! :SNSign: