dyno results SUCKED....so pissed.....everyone with forced induction....please get in

Unreal281

Dec 18, 2004
255 horse and 287 torque on the dynojet today....very pissed....

i'm getting a blower

1. Procharger p1sc

2. KB 1.7L

Which is best.....?
Why.....?
With all of my mods in my sig.....how much will i put down????

PLEASE HELP AND GIVE ADVICE....

I have the money......what am i doin???? and what numbers?:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

I know the feeling. After putting down 211hp, I said f*$k it, I'm getting blown lol

Comparing the Procharger to KB 1.7L is like apples to oranges. It all boils down to what you want and what are your longterm plans. If you're eventually getting a built shortblock, then the Procharger may suit you more because it has greater max hp potential. But on a stock motor, I'd pick the KB. If your car is mainly street driven then I think you'll have more fun with the KB. A strong drag racer is a lot easier to setup with a centri IMO.

Personally, I'd go for the KB. But I'm a bit biased. ;)

Unreal281 said:
255 horse and 287 torque on the dynojet today....very pissed....

i'm getting a blower

1. Procharger p1sc

2. KB 1.7L

Which is best.....?
Why.....?
With all of my mods in my sig.....how much will i put down????

PLEASE HELP AND GIVE ADVICE....

I have the money......what am i doin???? and what numbers?:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Thats 293 hp and 330 tq at the motor with only a little intake and full exhaust. IF you are comparing to advertised numbers, thats 33 hp and 28 tq over stock.. aka you are putting down good numbers for only having bolt-ons. I have no idea what you are pissed about.

Welcome to reality

Wade

agreed... without heads, cams, and a tune thats about what i see around here normaly.

either one is nice... for a street car i'd go KB, for a more drag car procharger. if you plan on building the bottom end either works still, as you can get the KB 2.2 or even the new 2.6 thats comming out.... either way its massive power... unless you are able to cope with the gobs of torque down low of the KB then a centri will be easier to work with as stated earlier. going KB 2.2 here...

Torinalth

i know what you guys are trying to say....and for N/A with bolt ons....i guess thats not too bad....

I have the money for a blower and its gonna happen very soon.....i'm a little towards procharger just cause i can keep all my intake crap (for the most part)

Anywayz....my plans are to supercharge it.....then down the line.....build up the motor and crank some more boost....the car will be driven on the street....and the track about equally....i want as much power out of the car as i can get....so what would the verdict be on the blower?

Which one can hold more boost? I really DONT mind the "lag" of a centri blower.....i just want some nice power....and like i said....down the line when i build it....i'm not trying to get bummed out cause the blower can't produce enough boost....so, for the best street/strip (mainly strip) blower.....ESPECIALLY for those of you that already have it done.....which is the best????

I RARELY drive the car on the street to be honest....i drive my crx or my mom's car alot for fuel economy reasons.....

Procharger D1SC with a 3 core intercooler......

or

KB 1.7L????

Skidzz said:
Not to chance the subject, but what is with all these low dyno numbers lately? I've seen more threads about low numbers in the last couple of weeks than I've ever seen on here.

e10 FTL?

just remember that dynos are just tuning tools. go and some some timeslips :nice:

Unreal281 said:
i know what you guys are trying to say....and for N/A with bolt ons....i guess thats not too bad....

I have the money for a blower and its gonna happen very soon.....i'm a little towards procharger just cause i can keep all my intake crap (for the most part)

Anywayz....my plans are to supercharge it.....then down the line.....build up the motor and crank some more boost....the car will be driven on the street....and the track about equally....i want as much power out of the car as i can get....so what would the verdict be on the blower?

Which one can hold more boost? I really DONT mind the "lag" of a centri blower.....i just want some nice power....and like i said....down the line when i build it....i'm not trying to get bummed out cause the blower can't produce enough boost....so, for the best street/strip (mainly strip) blower.....ESPECIALLY for those of you that already have it done.....which is the best????

I RARELY drive the car on the street to be honest....i drive my crx or my mom's car alot for fuel economy reasons.....

Procharger D1SC with a 3 core intercooler......

or

KB 1.7L????

The procharger will be better for the strip. You might want to consider the Novi2000 ....

Just as a preference.....i'd like to get the Procharger P1SC....the only reason i would get a KB is because of how long they have been in the business and how much exp. they have with this stuff...

So....for a GT that is rarely driven.....and for me being power hungry.....and I LOVE to rip it on the highway "just imagining a centri spool" :rolleyes: ....is Procharger our winner?

We'll I think your numbers are about right for your mods.
If you don't drive your car on the street alot and run
at the track mostly and you have all the money under
the sun to spend than you should seriously consider the
Procharger D1SC with three core intercooler or the Vortech T-trim
with a paxton intercooler.Both would be great choices.

wms004 said:
Thats 293 hp and 330 tq at the motor with only a little intake and full exhaust. IF you are comparing to advertised numbers, thats 33 hp and 28 tq over stock.. aka you are putting down good numbers for only having bolt-ons. I have no idea what you are pissed about.

Welcome to reality

Wade

Exactly, Your numbers aernt low at all. If anything you should be happy with those numbers. But since now you want more power I would suggest the KB and some forged internals to go along with it, otherwise when you blow the stock block you will have to tear it all down again. And get the big KB!

Your dyno numbers look fine considering you have exhaust and TB/plenum basically.

Anyways, another thread where nobody bothers mentioning a twin turbo kit. If you want to make big power, pick up the hp twin turbo kit, run it at 6psi, and smoke every 9# 1.7 in here, on the stock engine.

Then, once 430ish rwhp gets old, build up a forged shortblock, pop the stock engine, and crank up the boost, and smoke every remaining supercharged car in here.

I'm not really trying to go turbo though....so what would be the verdict on the TWO blowers i picked???? I kinda want the procharger.....but which one will be capable of producing more power down the road when i decide to build the motor...which one can hold MORE boost in the long run?:shrug:

Unreal281 said:
I'm not really trying to go turbo though....so what would be the verdict on the TWO blowers i picked???? I kinda want the procharger.....but which one will be capable of producing more power down the road when i decide to build the motor...which one can hold MORE boost in the long run?:shrug:

Sorry.. I keep forgetting turbo is a curse word here. Why bother making more power, when you can follow the herd, right?

And for gods sake, try a search.. the centri vs screw debates have been going on for years.

1. of the 2 you listed and the listed reasons I'd go procharger. Now having said that I'd also suggest looking into the novi 2000.

2. Your numbers aren't really low about what I'd expect. You've got me by about 11 hp and I actaully have a tad more torque na. now on the bottle :D

3. I think some of the numbers that have been posted in the past were either BS or they were IDEAL pulls. Plus as we all know no 2 cars or 2 dyno's are going to show the same #'s.

4. While I agree turbo's are REAL pricey for our cars if you can afford the kb I'd look at them. You'd have lots more grow room with a good turbo kit than either of the other FI methods you mention. They just are so $$ and IMO almost a waste unless you know your going to do a built bottom end later.

Dyno for tuning. Track for seeing what the car really has.