Dyno run tomorrow, what do you think I'll pull

• Sponsors (?)

Usually I do as well but I hit my 2 goals tonight. Hitting 350+ RWHP and getting 13's at the track, both mission accomplished :nice:

If I had pulled 330 I would have come home and put a for sale sign on it.

Striped5.0 said:
well lets just say the dyno went better then the track :rlaugh: but Im very happy w/ both. Everyone was WAY off on the dyno #'s. Theres still more in it b/c it was running lean up top and couldnet be taken to redline but Im going to have a chip burnt to fix that prob, no matter how high we cranked the FP it would still lean out. All said and done.......

370 RWHP @ 4,900 RPMS 425 RWTQ ( stock heads and cam )

Im not sure of the PSI that it was at I wasent watching it but hell I pulled 20 more RWHP then what I was hoping would be a best case senerio and theres still a bit more in it.

Wow, thats a lot higher numbers than I expected. Especially letting off at 4,900 rpm. Its hard to predict dyno numbers when the boost isn't 100% known (even then its hard to tell because all dynos are different). Im guessing it would have peaked a little higher than 8 psi at redline with the amount of torque your car made. I could be wrong though. Congrats on the numbers . :nice:

Congrats Striped. You 1/4 times have a LOT of potential left with those dyno numbers. Like GMKILLR said, you have 11 second power there and you WILL see 111+mph with the power you have. What was your shift point? What was your launch techinique? Did you spin and have to lift, or did it bog?

Killercanary said:
. What was your shift point? What was your launch techinique? Did you spin and have to lift, or did it bog?

Thanks Paul.

To tell you the truth I cant remember :rlaugh: It all happend so quick. Everything is rush rush rush go go go on street nights at the track ( Weds, Fri nights) They just bang people out one car after another I could have taken more time but I really really hate feeling rushed its a pet peve of mine. I belive I was launching around 2,000 RPMS and I was shifting at about 5,000 b/c it was running lean beyond that. I dont belive I boged at all comming off the line, damn car just seemed like it hooked and took off, I had no idea it pulled SO DAMN HARD b/c its nothing like driving on the street. I had never been into the boost that hard for that long. I was so used to the last time I was there when it was N/A and up top it started to die out on me, now in the upper RPM's It pulls like a raped ape.

Thanks for all the pointers I left before you posted that but I will use them when I go again. I set the nittos to 20-21 LBS each. Will try 18 next time along w/ the other things you mentioned.

When I launched I just slipped the clutch some ( never just droped it) and when I knew it was going to hook I just floored it. For my first time on DR's and second time at the track I dont think that two 2.1 and one 2.2 60' was all that bad.