Dynomax Exhaust System

• Sponsors (?)

I had a set on my old gt, that car was really quiet. Even when i put longtubes and an offroad h pipe you could barely hear the car from the inside. outside the car it sounded good, when i put the offroad pipes on it i had no clue how the car even sounded until i stood behind it and a friend revved the motor.

If you want quiet thats the way to go

The mufflers are long gone but I'm still running the Dynomax tails from the catback I bought 15 years ago. Good quality imo and the tailpipes clean-up very nicely. The Super Turbos have a deep, subdued tone. I like the way they sound but I eventually went for something more aggressive.

I don't have access to my pics from work but there's a single pic of my '90 in the sig (link).

Boring Sound

I had the Dynomax Super Turbo Cat back on my LX for 13 years and got rid of them becuase I wanted something a little tougher sounding. The Super Turbos sound like stock at idle and a little louder than stock when you get on it. The main issue with them is the very annoying drone you get at 2K RPM. Cost, build quality, installation ease, fitment and looks (tailpipes) are excellent and you probably won't find a better built system. That said, I'm glad I got rid of mine. They are boring sounding and don't add any charater to the car in my opinion. I have a full Bassani system now and like it much better. If you are looking for a quiet character-less sound and don't mind lound droning at 2K, the Dynomax system is perfect. Otherwise, I recommend trying to get stock mufflers (no drone) or checking out other quiet systems like Magnaflow which are very popular on these boards.