E85

• Sponsors (?)

What you need to run E-85 is alcohol safe o-rings and seals in the fuel system including the pump and injectors. And of course you need a tune, the volume of fuel needed to reach a desirable air fuel ratio is roughly 60% more than straight gasoline and the standard tune can not adjust for that much more fuel.

My 07 F150 had a 5.4 and my 13 F150 had a 5.0 and both were flex fuel or E-85 capable and neither one had forged pistons.

Only run E-85 if you need it for the 105 octane rating, it gets terrible mileage. I tried it in my 07 and my mileage went from 13 mpg to 8

What you need to run E-85 is alcohol safe o-rings and seals in the fuel system including the pump and injectors. And of course you need a tune, the volume of fuel needed to reach a desirable air fuel ratio is roughly 60% more than straight gasoline and the standard tune can not adjust for that much more fuel.

My 07 F150 had a 5.4 and my 13 F150 had a 5.0 and both were flex fuel or E-85 capable and neither one had forged pistons.

Only run E-85 if you need it for the 105 octane rating, it gets terrible mileage. I tried it in my 07 and my mileage went from 13 mpg to 8

I have my car tuned for it and I've been running E85 for about 3 days now, but yesterday I drove through a large puddle of rain and got a p0302 code (misfire in cylinder #2) and I replaced the spark plugs and swapped coils and injectors. The problem still occurred, so I don't know if it has to do with the rain or the E85 In my 2016 GT. It was running purfect up until that day it rained and I went through a large amount of overflowing water on the road.

I have my car tuned for it and I've been running E85 for about 3 days now, but yesterday I drove through a large puddle of rain and got a p0302 code (misfire in cylinder #2) and I replaced the spark plugs and swapped coils and injectors. The problem still occurred, so I don't know if it has to do with the rain or the E85 In my 2016 GT. It was running purfect up until that day it rained and I went through a large amount of overflowing water on the road.
If you do an E-85 conversion, are you stuck running E-85 only, or does it make it a "Flex Fuel" vehicle?

Stuck on E85, but I could drain the fuel and try to run it and see if it fixes it. Do you think driving through the large amount of water could have fried a circuit?