Early 80's stock turbo mustangs(post pics)

Saleen8786

Oct 7, 2003
Marlton, NJ
heys guys i just saw a 79 to 82 lx 4cylinder notch infront of the junkyard and it had 2.8 emblems on it and the hood is weird, stockish looking but has a weird hood. If anyone has pics of the early 80's mustangs that came stock with turbos can you post em so i can see. If it is one im gonna buy it :D

• Sponsors (?)

Saleen8786 said:
its a notchback and it has the 79 tailights and it has 2.8 emblems just thought it might be one, did they make 4cy turbo charged notches?

thanks
jim

yes, but it was a 2.3 not a 2.8.

here is a pic. The hood scoop has been raised to clear the air cleaner on the 460 but you get the idea. The 2.3 is sitting in my garage on a stand patiently waiting.

Attachments

• mustangsmall.JPG
    mustangsmall.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 239
chaka said:
yes, but it was a 2.3 not a 2.8.

here is a pic. The hood scoop has been raised to clear the air cleaner on the 460 but you get the idea. The 2.3 is sitting in my garage on a stand patiently waiting.

That looks just like the inline six that is down the road from me. It is a good car but to mod it you have to fab a lot of things because there is no market for an inline 6.

kiddiccarus said:
That looks just like the inline six that is down the road from me. It is a good car but to mod it you have to fab a lot of things because there is no market for an inline 6.

You could swap motors, but IRC the inline 6 had a different k-member. I like the looks of the 4-eyes. Just picked up another 85 LX with the 2.3 and 4-speed. Now to find a turbo engine.