Eaton Power Steering Pump

I'm getting ready to buy a new power steering pump. The old one is an Eaton pump but I'm not sure how to tell the difference between a front mount and rear mount pump. When I look up the part it lists both the front and rear mount Eaton pumps for a 65' Mustang with a 289, doesn't give any real details to differentiate the two pumps though. Mine has brackets and bolts on the front and back of the pump. Anyone know the difference?

• Sponsors (?)

Hello, Early Mustangs came with a rear mounted Eaton Pump. This was to attach the rear bracket on to pump and to the head. Galaxie's, Tbirds and some other large vehicles came with the front mounted pumps. Make sure you have the proper washers and check your belt for crank pulley to insure alignment. If your pump is frozen or damaged inside, It would be best to take off the brackets and resevoir tank to save for your new pump. New filters are available and suggested. Be extra careful removing the pulley since it is a cast part. Do not hit with hammer it will crack and upset the balance of the pump and destroying the front seal. 64 or Early Mustang with questions and on Face book, See 64 Mustang Restoration group for pictures.

Attachments

• Eaton 041.jpg
    Eaton 041.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 1,584
  • Eaton 040.jpg
    Eaton 040.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 1,698
I want to sell my pump eaton

Greetings, my name is Jose Ramon and I live in Caracas. I'm selling the old parts of my mustang 1965, including the original Eaton pump. Can you suggest a price for the sale of the pump, is operating efficiently. Thank you.