Ebay rotors any good? What do you have?

charged9250

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2002
503/808
I see there are alot of rotors on ebay. Anyone running them? Any info on them good or bad? Im looking to get some 13" cobra rotors for the front and some stock 10.6" GT rotors for the rear to complete my 5 lug disk conversion. Anyone got any info? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I bought a set of cobra rotors from Rotor Pros. They have a lot of good feedback and the rotors don't seem to be crappy or anything. They are slotted and dimpled. I have been told to stay away from drilled rotors unless they're made by a very reputable company such as brembo or baer. They tend to crack otherwise

I have Ebay drilled and slotted Rotors. They're awesome, work perfect, were straight, and have NO cracks. All the bearings fit perfect.. and I got them for like 100 bucks for the set. Get some! :nice:

Nick

Stay away from drilled IF you plan on doing autocrossing or a lot of mountainous driving with windy roads. That is when they are prone to crack.

Most shops will recommend slotted though. Generally they are able to withstand more than drilled, yet still provide a way for the hot gases to escape, allowing more even pad contact, providing both better stopping and more even pad wear.

criticman said:
Stay away from drilled IF you plan on doing autocrossing or a lot of mountainous driving with windy roads. That is when they are prone to crack.

Most shops will recommend slotted though. Generally they are able to withstand more than drilled, yet still provide a way for the hot gases to escape, allowing more even pad contact, providing both better stopping and more even pad wear.

Most street applications will not produce enough heat to crack the rotors for that 1 panic stop during the morning drive to work. Warpage on the other hand is fairly easy with the 11" stock size. Stinking heat!

I bought some slotted replacment rotors to put on from Brothers Performance thru eBay. They were like Nick's @ $100.00 shipped for both

I have a set of drilled/slotted rotors on the way and already got the Hawk HPS pads... supposed to be pretty awesome and around $52, might want to get the stainless caliper bushings as well if your going over the brakes...

srothfuss said:
Opps... $uperstang beat me to it, but it really is Murray's parts store. Sorry about that.

I have the caliper sleeves (not installed yet), I still need new pins and some lines before I am done with my brakes..

Well that is cool, because Murray's is in the same network of stores and Advance Auto Parts.

I had Hawk HP Plus pads. They worked incredibly awesome, but they were VERY noisey and EXTREMELY dusty. 1 day and my front wheels were black.. I couldn't stand it... So I got some Performance Friction Ceramic pads... They work just about as good. Less initial bite, but no noise and hardly any dust! Get them at, see my avatar! :nice: :lol:

love my baer brakes....

baer1.jpg

baer2.jpg

So are all the no name rotors on ebay about the same? For pads I would like to try Hawk, but not sure what to get HPS or Performance ceramic pads? Anyone run EBC pads on there stangs? I have a set on my truck and they work good.