Electrical ECU part (eprom?) damaged by capacitor help

billheb

Nov 17, 2007
My A9L was damaged by the leaking capacitors but I'm not sure what the piece is. A voltage regulator, memory chip? I just don't know. You can see it in the picture with 2 damaged legs out of the four.

Attachments

• A D L 001.jpg
    A D L 001.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 218
  • Sponsors (?)

That's a integrated circuit chip. Is there any writing on the chip you can make out? Usually they can be purchased from digikey or Mouser. You need the numbers off it.

IMG_4663.JPG

The part numbers are completely gone on the A9L but I read the numbers off of an A3M and got 2510xx on the top row and 190S06 on the bottom. I don't know if A3M and A9L would have the same parts. Thanks for the help

My A9L was damaged by the leaking capacitors but I'm not sure what the piece is. A voltage regulator, memory chip? I just don't know. You can see it in the picture with 2 damaged legs out of the four.

Did you have any luck sourcing the correct IC?

Superceded by TI-8480 & TI-8481
Find a DIP (thru hole) package from any competing manufacturer.

Which one would be the correct chip for a direct replacement out of those 2 if they are compatible?

Thank you

Anyone looking to change that chip should have good desoldering skills. It's not like a capacitor, it's much easier to damage the board when removing one.

Unfortunately, that looks like it is an SMT component. You need is a DIP or through hole component.

If google does not yield anything with the markings on the IC then I would maybe reach out to tech support from Texas instruments. There is usually a link on all the IC manufacturers web sites in the contact us section. give them the markings on the IC and maybe they can give you an orderable manufacturers part number. I have done that before. I used those things all the time in my job when the manufacturers datasheet does not give me the info I am looking for. It is worth a shot. So far I have not been disappointed with those services. Hope this helps some.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately, that looks like it is an SMT component. You need is a DIP or through hole component.

If google does not yield anything with the markings on the IC then I would maybe reach out to tech support from Texas instruments. There is usually a link on all the IC manufacturers web sites in the contact us section. give them the markings on the IC and maybe they can give you an orderable manufacturers part number. I have done that before. I used those things all the time in my job when the manufacturers datasheet does not give me the info I am looking for. It is worth a shot. So far I have not been disappointed with those services. Hope this helps some.

Right on, I will definitely try that. Much appreciated, this is my first fox so I’m still very green.