Edelbrock AVS2 carb settings

Hello everyone, I have an 85gt with a b303 cam, stiffer comp cam valve springs, edelbrock performer rpm air gap intake and a edelbrock avs2 1906 650cfm carb, it is very very sluggish. The timing is set correctly. What carb settings can I do to it? It’s brand new out of the box. What step up springs do I need to put in since the cam gives it less vacuum.

• Sponsors (?)

Carb tuning is a lost art and needs to be hands on for tuning, there is a lot to it unlike EFI which controls many things like timing, air/fuel ratio through sensor imput, carb tuning requires a vacuum gauge, timing light, power valves, air bleeds, jets and patience.
Most times a 'sluggish' condition can be timing or timing advance settings, even spark plugs with a big gap or fouled,
I would start by verifying timing, where it advances (this take into consideration that it has a good spark) and you have no vacuum leaks.
if I remember correctly the AVS style carbs use metering rods, are they freely moving and the floats are adjusted correctly.
This is the starting point. There should be a wealth of info on the manufacturer website but it takes into consideration everything else is working correctly.

Reactions: 1 user