edelbrock performer 5.0 installation-craftmanship is terrible

davins130

May 21, 2004
i just about done installing the upper and lower manifolds (performer 5.0) there was about 4 holes in the lower manifold that needed to be plugged, 2 holes that came out of the box with stripped threads, the adapter peice needed to be drilled out, didnt come with lower to head gaskets, and just was a pain in the ass. also there is a bolt that has to go in through the capped off end of the upper inttake. all i have do do now is figure out where the skinny vaccum hose thats under the manifold goes, and i cant remeber where the FPR hose connects to? theres a hole on the egr, and then 2 little holes on the vaccum tree on the elbow, is it one of those? and then get the idle right and im done.

• Sponsors (?)

i figured it would have, i got it all back together, and turned the key to on, didnt start it, and the fuel pump made a weird noise, and i looked under the hood and there is fuel everywhere...i really dont want to take this **** all apart again, so im going to see if i can figure it out without disassembling all that stuff again..btw it took about 8 working hours yesterday to get it done because there were so many problems

man, these intakes aren't for our specific years, they were designed for the fox body cars, hence the reason for all the vacuum lines etc....

bolt holes would be an issue though i wouldn't have put it on if they were stripped out of the box, i would have called them up and got another one....

U sure you didn't by a Proff. Products copy.......

jason

got it from jegs, im sure..ohh well enough bitching i got it on there, there was a chunk taken out of an o-ring and it was squiring fuel, replaced it and bolted it all back up and runs nicely, no leaks. i really dont feel much of a power difference. went racing last night and my friends bone stock 02 gt still pulled on my a little bit, i shoulda just got one of those like i almost did instead of my 94