Edelbrock performer or performer RPM

my mods are pullies, 3.73 gears, AODE to T5 swap, alum flywheel, x pipe, mufflers

I have long tubes i will be putting in in a few weeks

What intake should go on stock heads, edelbrock performer, or performer RPM? Eventually Im going to get heads and cam, but not for a year or so at least. What do you suggest?

• Sponsors (?)

Neither, get a Kenne Belle blower as your upper. :banana:

Seriously though, I think it kinda depends on what your goals are. Max hp = Performer RPM. Performance street driver probably means Performer. The RPM is a higher RPM intake and will probably produce a few more ponies. But it might give up a touch of low end.

Make you decision now based on what you eventually plan to do, because it would be a waste to buy your upper intake 2 times over. BTW, don't expect much out of an intake swap alone (probably won't notice hardly any SOTP difference).

with your mods now the performer would probably give you more power now where as the RPM will be too big with the stock heads and cam. I would go with a performer for now and upgrade later...

if your power band will be below the 6,250 rpm rev limiter now and later, get the Performer and run it stock on the E7 heads. Once you upgrade to better heads (AFR 165, TW, Eddelbrocks) you can port the Performer lower and make the same or more average power than an RPM.

tmoss said:
if your power band will be below the 6,250 rpm rev limiter now and later, get the Performer and run it stock on the E7 heads. Once you upgrade to better heads (AFR 165, TW, Eddelbrocks) you can port the Performer lower and make the same or more average power than an RPM.

Tom, is the lower intake the main difference between the Performer and the Performer RPM? I'm thinking about taking my intake off this winter and sending it to you.

95strokerPSU said:
Tom, is the lower intake the main difference between the Performer and the Performer RPM?

They share the same lower - the RPM upper has shorter runners, and that is exactly why on some combinations the ported Performer will make the same or better power than the RPM upper (with the same ported lower on it and on AFR heads). Been there, done that - see attachment.