Edelbrock Performer RPM 2.02 or 1.90???

gnatl86

Jan 24, 2007
Kansas City
Need help. Searched the web no answers. I have Edelbrock casting 6025 on the inside of the head. The intake valve is smaller than 2". Can I assume I have the 1.90 and not the 2.02 like the Edelbrock website says I have based on the casting#??? Help Me. I want to avoid notching the pistons. Stock 83' Shortblock..pistons..cam..etc...
Thanks..Paul:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

#6025's are non emmisions legal 2.02 intake, 1.60 Exhaust. I remember, cause I ended up getting the 6037's which are emmisions legal and have the 1.90 intake valves.. You could probably call someone, summit, or jegs to double check if you want a second opinion.

If I'm not mistaken...but usually am, 6025 appears in all the castings. Measure the valves with a caliper...should be 1.9/1.6. Head part numbers would not be cast into the head simply because the same castings are used for several different variations of the same heads. Remember Performers (emission legal) and RPM (non) are machined from the casting..it would make no sense to cast the number....etching...now that would be a different story.

I would just have a shop check to ensure the true valve size. Don't take the chance when 20 minutes could have you big cash. My RPMs carry no markings on the ends with the exception of the Eddy signature.

WOW...

I just had a buddy come over with his caliper guage. 1.94 intake valves. He said the valves are new and look replaced. New valve seals, etc.
I guess these have been changed? I should be ok with these on my stock bottom end..right? :ban:

I won't be the one to guarantee anything simply because IIRC the shortblock for your 83 had flattops...I would have to recomend you clay the heads...little clay could save some significant damage.