• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

EFI reflash????

  • Thread starter Thread starter StngStr
  • Start date Start date Mar 26, 2004

StngStr

Member
Jun 24, 2003
616
0
17
Central Florida
Mar 26, 2004
#1
  • Mar 26, 2004
  • #1
Anyone know where I can get my ECU reflashed for 4.10 gears here in central florida? I called Ford and they say they can't go higher than 3.73's. I don't want a chip, too much $$ right now, and I don't want to mess with a Speedcal.

Thanks.
 
B

BullittPlaya

Banned
Feb 18, 2004
23
0
0
houston, tx.
Mar 26, 2004
#2
  • Mar 26, 2004
  • #2
in florida, just tell your dealer to stop being a bunch of wimps and do it, if not take your business elsewhere. Or just get a speedcal, and get your local speedshop to install it. I have one, and abott era to be exact
 

mrvax

Stay thirsty my friends
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
5,225
3
79
SN Moderator: Orlando, Fl.
Mar 26, 2004
#3
  • Mar 26, 2004
  • #3
StngStr said:
Anyone know where I can get my ECU reflashed for 4.10 gears here in central florida? I called Ford and they say they can't go higher than 3.73's. I don't want a chip, too much $$ right now, and I don't want to mess with a Speedcal.

Thanks.
Click to expand...


Can you Fed Ex them back and forth to Georgia? Call T&J Performance or PM Cobra Killer.
 
B

BullittPlaya

Banned
Feb 18, 2004
23
0
0
houston, tx.
Mar 26, 2004
#4
  • Mar 26, 2004
  • #4
yup, go with what mrvax said, that guy cobrakiller does some good work
 

StngStr

Member
Jun 24, 2003
616
0
17
Central Florida
Mar 26, 2004
#5
  • Mar 26, 2004
  • #5
I can't send it to Tim, cause it's my daily driver and i work 2 jobs. So, I need it every day. I'd rather not get a speedcal, because I don't want to have to splice into any wires, and some people have problems with them. Plus, a Speedcal costs just as much as a reflash from T&J. That's why I was wondering if there is someone like T&J here in central florida.
 

Darrin

New Member
May 4, 2003
184
0
0
Cocoa, Florida
Mar 26, 2004
#6
  • Mar 26, 2004
  • #6
Go to LaMotta Performance 415 North 17-92 in longwood. Jake is a kick butt guy when it comes to Mustangs. He did my Vortech install, Dyno tune, and gear change for me and I haven't had so much as a hiccup in the performance. Tell him Darrin Harrelson referred you.
 

StngStr

Member
Jun 24, 2003
616
0
17
Central Florida
Mar 26, 2004
#7
  • Mar 26, 2004
  • #7
too much money for a chip or dyno tune.
 

awwyea

New Member
Jan 12, 2004
170
0
0
Central MA
Mar 26, 2004
#8
  • Mar 26, 2004
  • #8
I don't know how close you are to Clearwater, but Tony who owns Need For Speed would be able to help you. Check out his website at Need-4-Speed.com. He's so good, I drive down from MA to have him work on my car!!!
 

DeadLurker

Daily Driven
Sep 7, 2001
7,702
0
0
New York
Mar 26, 2004
#9
  • Mar 26, 2004
  • #9
BullittPlaya said:
in florida, just tell your dealer to stop being a bunch of wimps and do it, if not take your business elsewhere.
Click to expand...

I wouldnt' trust my ford dealership to play with stuff like that. I tried that and learned the hard way.
 
G

gottabfordtough

New Member
Mar 26, 2004
38
0
0
indiana
Mar 27, 2004
#10
  • Mar 27, 2004
  • #10
StngStr said:
I'd rather not get a speedcal, because I don't want to have to splice into any wires,.
Click to expand...

i just installed my speedo calibrator, last night. there aren't any splicing, you don't even have to cut one wire, just release a couple of wires from one connector and plug them into the new one. very simple and easy.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

3.08 gears with a manual trans
  • limp
  • Aug 27, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
43
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Qtrhrse23
F
Difference between 83-86 EFI and 87-97 gas tanks?
  • ForeverDrivin
  • Mar 30, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
408
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 30, 2026
ForeverDrivin
F
Ford truck engine swap issues
  • keel
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
17
Views
534
Other Auto Tech Jul 13, 2026
General karthief
S
Fox '87 GT can't get to stay running
  • spilly
  • Mar 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
spilly
S
S
Preparation for Holley Terminator X install – Foxbody 306 (electrical fan, alternator, MSD Ignition, etc)
  • So_Flo
  • Mar 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
22
Views
3K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 4, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?