Efi To Carb..have A Quick Question

• Sponsors (?)

Show me a return style regulator that will bypass 40+p.s.i. , and accurately regulate down to 6p.s.i.
One that in the instructions states that its ok, and that it is capable of doing so.

I'm sure Aeromotive make one that can handle that without breaking a sweat, but by the time you spend Aeromotive money on a regulator like that, you've already spent enough to swap in a proper in-line fuel pump and sump the factory tank (or even swap it for an '85 style tank that's already sumped).

Me personally, I wouldn't run the EFI pump with a carb under ANY circumstances. You can run a bypass regulator and then run an additional regulator after that between it and the carb, and I still wouldn't feel safe. It's just not worth the risk of burning my car to the ground. I run a mechanical pump on my car (like it had from the factory, only a 90gph Holley) and it feeds my 347 just fine. I like the idea of being able to swap out my fuel pump in 10 minutes with a factory replacement if my Holley ever croaked and left me stranded.

I'm sure Aeromotive make one that can handle that without breaking a sweat, but by the time you spend Aeromotive money on a regulator like that, you've already spent enough to swap in a proper in-line fuel pump and sump the factory tank (or even swap it for an '85 style tank that's already sumped).

Me personally, I wouldn't run the EFI pump with a carb under ANY circumstances. You can run a bypass regulator and then run an additional regulator after that between it and the carb, and I still wouldn't feel safe. It's just not worth the risk of burning my car to the ground. I run a mechanical pump on my car (like it had from the factory, only a 90gph Holley) and it feeds my 347 just fine. I like the idea of being able to swap out my fuel pump in 10 minutes with a factory replacement if my Holley ever croaked and left me stranded.

so should i just get all pre 84 fox stuff? will it work ford a modded motor?

so should i just get all pre 84 fox stuff? will it work ford a modded motor?

Well I have the stock 85 tank and fuel lines and I'm making well over 400hp at the crank, should be close to 400 at the wheels by now. I haven't seen any signs of fuel starvation or any reason to feel I need to upgrade the lines.