EGR Delete Plate

fox_body

Nov 14, 2005
Watertown, Wis
So I picked up a BBK 70mm TB and a Steeda 70mm EGR delete plate. I have a Trick Flow intake and when I go to mount the throttle cable bracket it hits the fuel preasure regulater. I trimmed alittle off the plastic bracket and know the metal cable bracket hits the fuel rail.....So I come to the conclusion that I cant even use the EGR Delete plate cuse it's set to far back..

Any Ideas?
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I ran into the same problem.

My parts:
TF kit
pro products fuel rail
pro products 70mm TB
70mm egr spacer I bought off ebay that measured 3/8" thick

At first, I was going to get another spacer and double them up, but I didn't like the idea of how it would look and all the gaskets that it would need.

So I called a buddy of mine who machined me a new egr delete spacer out of billet aluminum. I polished it up and it looks great.

251048470_w96qL-M.jpg

251049128_TA4Gm-M.jpg

that does look nice. i'd like to get one myself. i got rid of all the egr and smog stuff. the other egr delete plates i saw all had the vacuum lines on it and there's no easy way to make that look straight and nice. see if he can do another.

So I picked up a 70mm BBK EGR spacer, capped the egr slot, bolted everything togather again. Now when the car is idling I get a whistle.....from where who knows....Aloso have a 76mm C&L MAF w/ K&N filter.

I never had this whistle befor. My prior set up was a 65mm Accufab with a 65mm ford motorsports EGR spacer, capped egr slot....same MAF and filter.

Any Ideas.....Thanks!

Mine whistles also... don't worry about it.
But good news on the guy who machined my spacer... I think he's going to mass produce them in different bore sizes. He will sell them out of his shop to start with when he decides on a price, but I'm going to contact a buddy of mine who is a big-wig at LMR and see if he will put them in their catalog. So, the plot thickens. We need some more people to show interest to help me seal the deal though, so post up if you think you would want one! There needs to be a demand for this item or it won't happen.

How are you guys deleting the egr without getting a code? Are you guys using the thing that plugs into the EGR plug? If you have a tweecer or QH can you tune it to not need to run the EGR?

How are you guys deleting the egr without getting a code? Are you guys using the thing that plugs into the EGR plug? If you have a tweecer or QH can you tune it to not need to run the EGR?

Mines an '86 so I don't have a check engine light, but I used the plug that goes on the EGR harness when I deleted mine. Pretty sure a tune can shut the light off though.

Well, I just dropped off one of my stock EGR spacers to the machinist. He's going to use it to take all the measurements and set up a program to start making them. He will make them to order and will need to know what bore size when ordering. He thinks the price will be around $50 but isn't final yet. I'm not officially taking orders yet either, but we still need to drum up some more interest before they will be available for sale. When they are ready to be sold, I will have to post it in the NE Classified section on this site, but will let everyone know to look there in this thread. I will try to get some better pics of the one I have installed on my car later on tonight. Mine is a solid piece, but the new ones will be hollowed out to reduce weight and will look the same except they will need to be polished by the purchaser, or used as-is if show quality isn't that big of a deal. Polishing was easy... just a wheel on a drill and some polishing compound.