EGR Simulator

• Sponsors (?)

i've read people using that and still not have the CE light come off.

i used the Rio5.0 method and it works flawlessly. didnt even have to adjust it and its tucked away behind the valve cover and under the intake so its out of the way and barely visible.

EGR Delete:

1. Mechanical:- Buy/Make a block off plate for the intake manfold. Unbolt the EGR and put this in it's place. Remove the tube from the exhaust header and cap it with a 3/4" (could be a 5/8") cap from Lowed/HD/ etc.

I jsut took a piece of metal shim stock and placed it between the EGR and the intake manifold leaving all the plumbing in place.

2. Electrical:- Remove the 3 bolts holding the EGR controller (or whatever it is called) from the actual EGR (the grey thing from the metal thing). then you will see the plunger (metal rod that moves fairly easily). Figure out a way to hold that somewhere in the middle of it's travel. I used a yellow wire nut that I pressed on with a vise then put a small hose clamp to help hold it in place. Re-attach to the wiring and hide it in the engine compartment.

Done.

I feel like a dumbass after i bought that simulator. I didn't wanna have the plunger still under the hood, and i used that, still had a CEL, and then the damn thing fell off a week later and i havn't seen it since.

What a waste of money, this weekend i'm going to do the plunger thing, i've been away from home for 3 weeks and the baby needs some work.

Wayne

hiattwl said:
I feel like a dumbass after i bought that simulator. I didn't wanna have the plunger still under the hood, and i used that, still had a CEL, and then the damn thing fell off a week later and i havn't seen it since.

What a waste of money, this weekend i'm going to do the plunger thing, i've been away from home for 3 weeks and the baby needs some work.

Wayne

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• needle.jpg
    needle.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 631
  • kitten-owned.jpg
    kitten-owned.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 695