Eibach Drag-Launch Springs install/ anyone using???

Iyzak

Oct 22, 2009
looking to upgrade the suspension alil
how hard would these be to install on American Muscle it says 4hours AND Professional install required

however there springs i really can't see them being that hard

also since my car is stock will i need anything with these or is anything suggested?

OR

would yall suggest the just getting 4 cylinder springs

BTW
i'd like to lower the ar as little as possible

• Sponsors (?)

no special tools needed. on the fronts just unbolt the strut from the spindle and put a pry bar in under the spring and pop it out. might want to push the control arm down with one foot and hold onto the spring with one hand "shouldnt" have any tension on it at that point but to get it out youll need the pry bar.

for the rears put your jack under the rear control arm and unbolt it from the rear end housing and lower the jack slowly.

getting the long front springs in is a bitch btw

the drag springs will work better for sure. they have a longer softer coil but they take a little bit to settle in the front. but as for the rears ive heard 4cyl springs work great but ive also heard v8 springs work just as good. im going to try a set of 4cyl ones in mine first

Install is pretty straight forward. The springs lower the car very little and seem to have good manners on the road. The only thing you may have to do (depending on control arms) is drill the spring perch for the line to the airbag. if your not looking to slam the car and you plan to take it to the strip ocassionaly, its not a bad setup. Looking to switch mine out for some coil-overs the wife bought, but really have no complaints or reasons to switch. Good luck.

I just skimmed the thread. The only advice I can give you on the front is when you get ready to put the new spring in, place the spring where you want it to seat ( pigtail just to the right of the holes if I remember correctly), lay a wrench up against the back of the lower A arm pointing front to back of the car. Then you should tie it to the spring and A arm with a nylon strap and twist the wrench to keep the spring in place while you have a friend jack the control arm up.