Eibach Rear Launch Springs

Worth while to install a pair of rear Eibach launch springs for my 79 foxbody?

• Great traction adder and worth installing

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Too stiff and not worth installing..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

palliserponies

Dec 21, 2017
Anyone have experience using Eibach rear launch springs, presently have a stock 1989 8.8 traction lock 3.73 differential and 3 way competition engineering shocks with drag radials. What improvement in traction should you expect..

• Sponsors (?)

Anyone have experience using Eibach rear launch springs, presently have a stock 1989 8.8 traction lock 3.73 differential and 3 way competition engineering shocks with drag radials. What improvement in traction should you expect..

The 79 fox lx coupe has Lakewood 90/10 and Eibach springs up front and s95 8.8 3.73, CE 3 ways set at 50/50 with single drag bag in right rear turning MT 275/50R/15 drag radials. Sub frame connectors and 4 link have been added as well. Powered by 351W stroker 408 cu inch with Comp cam 585 lift and now have added 1.6 hydraulic roller lifters and shifting a C4 with 3000 stall speed with foot brake launches.

Check out TeamZ Motorsport for their rear springs if you want a better spring. At your launch speed though you’re not going to see much improvement over your current setup.

correct sir.. passenger side. Got the idea from a buddy of mine about 20 years ago, I laughed at him but it worked as well as my eibach drag springs I spent $200 for

I spent the $50 or whatever it was for airbags. It is a little nicer than the child's football from Kmart, because you can tune them to launch better. I was pretty close to getting an anti-roll bar, but the airbags seemed to do the trick, or they did at the time. Now they don't hold air anymore.

Kurt