Eliminate body roll?, Better bolstered seats?

M3hunter

Dec 4, 2010
Mission Texas
Hi Guys,

How can you eliminate the body roll in the 2011 GT? Which seats are better to keep you in place while cornering? If you change the oem seats, will you lose the airbags and warning lights will appear in your dash?

• Sponsors (?)

Hi Guys,

How can you eliminate the body roll in the 2011 GT? Which seats are better to keep you in place while cornering? If you change the oem seats, will you lose the airbags and warning lights will appear in your dash?

Side air bags are in the seat bolsters. If you remove the OEM seats, you lose the air bags. And since there is no electrical connection to the air bag, you will most likely have a light on your dashboard telling you so.

:)

You might look into installing a 5-point racing harness if you are doing any "serious" driving on a track or for autocross.

Side air bags are in the seat bolsters. If you remove the OEM seats, you lose the air bags. And since there is no electrical connection to the air bag, you will most likely have a light on your dashboard telling you so.

:)

You might look into installing a 5-point racing harness if you are doing any "serious" driving on a track or for autocross.

Does the 5 point harness, can be installed to be used with the oem leather seats?, or I need to get racing seats to be able to use them?:shrug:

Does the 5 point harness, can be installed to be used with the oem leather seats?, or I need to get racing seats to be able to use them?:shrug:

I had a 5 point SABELT racing harness in my Civic Si that I used to autocross. I mounted the belts to the rear seat bolts (under the seat cushions where the rear seatbelts mount). Ideally you would drill holes by the driver seat and mount a plate to the floor to mount the lap belt, but I didn't do this as the car was not road-raced.

I'm not sure how much "hard cornering" you're going see in daily driving, so I'm kinda confused to your request.

As far as the Brembo "suspension"...with the Brembo brake package, you get brakes (duh) and recalibrated stability control and traction control settings over the non-Brembo cars. That's it, I think. Suspension is the same as the GT. I would love to be wrong about that....so maybe someone else can chime in on that.