Emission codes

Kea

Jul 1, 2018
Tacoma Washington
Hi I’m new to the group, I have a 2000 Mustang and about a month ago I put gas in it and when I went to drive off it would not stay idled and kept dying. But it started right up. It did this twice. I ended up putting fuel cleaner in it and it ran fine. Then about 2 weeks later check engine light came on. I did the code thing and 7 codes came up all emission codes. I was talking with a guy at Advance Auto and he said change out EGR valve. After trying to get the bolts off for two days I finally got the part changed out. Well the check engine light came back on. Grrrrr It seems to be running a little bit better not so much with the rough idling. Can anyone suggest which part I should replace. The codes referred to left and right bank o2sensors, canister, etc... please help

• Sponsors (?)

When ever possible I try to steer people towards testing first instead of dropping into "parts changing" mode for trouble shooting. Replacing good parts is usually not the best trouble shooting method.

For an EGR problem consider that sometimes the EGR passage ways inside the throttle body can clog up with carbon. The fix is to take the throttle body off and clean the passageways with carb and choke cleaner. Ensure that the passage ways can be easily blown through.

My vote. Think blown fuse when sooooooo many DTC codes occur at once. Especially fuse F2.2 and F2.8. Confirm key on power in and out of each fuse.

If unable to find a blown fuse, then post the full DTC codes. There are 1000's and they each have a story to tell.

1999-2004 BJB CJB fuse panel layout:
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/for...r-swap-wont-fire-please-help.html#post2669271

Last edited:
When ever possible I try to steer people towards testing first instead of dropping into "parts changing" mode for trouble shooting. Replacing good parts is usually not the best trouble shooting method.

For an EGR problem consider that sometimes the EGR passage ways inside the throttle body can clog up with carbon. The fix is to take the throttle body off and clean the passageways with carb and choke cleaner. Ensure that the passage ways can be easily blown through.

My vote. Think blown fuse when sooooooo many DTC codes occur at once. Especially fuse F2.2 and F2.8. Confirm key on power in and out of each fuse.

If unable to find a blown fuse, then post the full DTC codes. There are 1000's and they each have a story to tell.

1999-2004 BJB CJB fuse panel layout:
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/for...r-swap-wont-fire-please-help.html#post2669271
Thank you for the advice. I’ll find the codes and post them. I’ll check the fuses in the morning. It would be great if it was just the fuse.