• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Emissions Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ernest Ramirez
  • Start date Start date Nov 25, 2016
E

Ernest Ramirez

New Member
Nov 25, 2016
6
0
1
Nov 25, 2016
#1
  • Nov 25, 2016
  • #1
Here's a lil info on the car. it's a 04 mustang gt with a vortech V3 supercharger and aftercooler has 3.73 gears. Bassani cat back exhaust. I picked it up off a guy that had basically took it to a horrible tune spot I CA. I had to have a guy out in Vegas tune as much as he could without putting it on the rollers due to some modifications I need to do to the car before we dyno it. He basically had to reset the car back to stock and go from there.

Here's my problem, I have 2 monitors that are not complete. the egr and cat monitors. does anyone know how to complete the drive cycle on this car. I'm allowed 1 onset monitor to run the smog without rejecting here in Nevada. any help would be greatly appreciated.
 

trinity_gt

10 Year Member
Jan 31, 2003
3,125
81
99
Canada
Nov 25, 2016
#2
  • Nov 25, 2016
  • #2
Does the car have the original catalytic converters and rear O2 sensors?
 
E

Ernest Ramirez

New Member
Nov 25, 2016
6
0
1
Nov 25, 2016
#3
  • Nov 25, 2016
  • #3
Yes original cats and o2 sensors. all sensors were turned back on during tune as well.
 

trinity_gt

10 Year Member
Jan 31, 2003
3,125
81
99
Canada
Nov 26, 2016
#4
  • Nov 26, 2016
  • #4
You might try this:

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html

to see if you have any luck. On mine it took ages for the cat readiness to set; I ended up replacing the rear sensors, drove it around and, when I saw that they'd finally set, went for an e-test right there and then My car never seems to set the EVAP readiness flag...
 
E

Ernest Ramirez

New Member
Nov 25, 2016
6
0
1
Nov 26, 2016
#5
  • Nov 26, 2016
  • #5
trinity_gt said:
You might try this:

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html

to see if you have any luck. On mine it took ages for the cat readiness to set; I ended up replacing the rear sensors, drove it around and, when I saw that they'd finally set, went for an e-test right there and then My car never seems to set the EVAP readiness flag...
Click to expand...

Thanks for the help. My evap set yesterday morning while the tempature was cool. that's one of the hardest ones to set. You think replacing my o2'sister may help set that cat?
 

trinity_gt

10 Year Member
Jan 31, 2003
3,125
81
99
Canada
Nov 26, 2016
#6
  • Nov 26, 2016
  • #6
Hard to tell. I have a PC based scan tool that allows me to plot parameters and I could see that the driver's side output looked incorrect; I wasn't getting a cat efficiency code but decided to replace the sensors anyway. The plots looked better and soon after the readiness code set. I don't want to send you down the path of potentially needlessly replacing sensors; first perhaps try the drive cycle link I posted above and see what happens.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Problems after exhaust install and 02 harness
  • djj62478
  • Jul 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
39
Views
750
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
C
03 Cobra Low Fuel Pressure
  • CTsnake_03
  • Mar 17, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
341
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Mar 24, 2026
CTsnake_03
C
P
2000 GT Random Power Loss
  • Pinellas50
  • Mar 9, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
374
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 23, 2026
Pinellas50
P
L
Electrical problems with passenger side downstream o2 sensor
  • Lexiii12
  • Sep 14, 2026
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
83
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Lexiii12
L
Tuners come on inside
  • squeak93
  • Feb 13, 2026
  • SVT Tech Forum
Replies
1
Views
321
SVT Tech Forum Feb 20, 2026
squeak93
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?