Emissions Help

Ernest Ramirez

Nov 25, 2016
Here's a lil info on the car. it's a 04 mustang gt with a vortech V3 supercharger and aftercooler has 3.73 gears. Bassani cat back exhaust. I picked it up off a guy that had basically took it to a horrible tune spot I CA. I had to have a guy out in Vegas tune as much as he could without putting it on the rollers due to some modifications I need to do to the car before we dyno it. He basically had to reset the car back to stock and go from there.

Here's my problem, I have 2 monitors that are not complete. the egr and cat monitors. does anyone know how to complete the drive cycle on this car. I'm allowed 1 onset monitor to run the smog without rejecting here in Nevada. any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

You might try this:

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html

to see if you have any luck. On mine it took ages for the cat readiness to set; I ended up replacing the rear sensors, drove it around and, when I saw that they'd finally set, went for an e-test right there and then :) My car never seems to set the EVAP readiness flag...

Thanks for the help. My evap set yesterday morning while the tempature was cool. that's one of the hardest ones to set. You think replacing my o2'sister may help set that cat?

Hard to tell. I have a PC based scan tool that allows me to plot parameters and I could see that the driver's side output looked incorrect; I wasn't getting a cat efficiency code but decided to replace the sensors anyway. The plots looked better and soon after the readiness code set. I don't want to send you down the path of potentially needlessly replacing sensors; first perhaps try the drive cycle link I posted above and see what happens.