Engine bay paint advice - Vibrant Red

SLOWBRA

Founding Member
Oct 30, 2001
NC
Has anyone found a good solution to match paint of our engine bays? Working to clean up a low mileage vibrant red 93. It's got some scratches and bare spots to touch-up. I purchased a two part paint system (base + clear) from Automotive Touch-up (they are known for being one of the best). Unfortunately, the base coat is not the correct shade.

• Sponsors (?)

Has anyone found a good solution to match paint of our engine bays? Working to clean up a low mileage vibrant red 93. It's got some scratches and bare spots to touch-up. I purchased a two part paint system (base + clear) from Automotive Touch-up (they are known for being one of the best). Unfortunately, the base coat is not the correct shade.
In for future replies, I have the exact same issue.

I got paint from Automotive touch up for my bumpers, because they are plastic over time they were a little faded. My color is off a little. Can a person go to Sherwin Williams Automotive paint store and they match.

The engine bay and exterior paint are the same paint. The engine bay just doesn't get clear coat from the factory. Getting paint that is your paint code will also be the paint for under the hood. You could even take the fuel filler door and have it matched.

The engine bay and exterior paint are the same paint. The engine bay just doesn't get clear coat from the factory. Getting paint that is your paint code will also be the paint for under the hood. You could even take the fuel filler door and have it matched.

That was my understanding as well, but the bad match by Automotive Touch-up (which generally isn't the case) led me to believe there was more to the story perhaps with what Ford did under the hood. I'll give a local company a shot to see if they can get it closer.

Reactions: 1 user