engine build

DB66STANG

Jan 18, 2019
australia
Hi from downunder
im looking to build a 302 windsor afr 165 heads 10.5.1 compression comp 280 H cam performer rpm manifold demon carb 575...would anyone have something similar in a 66 coupe...im trying to work out how much flywheel power this combo would make?

• Sponsors (?)

Hi from downunder
im looking to build a 302 windsor afr 165 heads 10.5.1 compression comp 280 H cam performer rpm manifold demon carb 575...would anyone have something similar in a 66 coupe...im trying to work out how much flywheel power this combo would make?

i like your build except for one thing, the heads are a bit small for the cam you have selected. i would go with the AFR 185 heads instead. as for power, i am thinking in the neighborhood of 350hp plus or minus 10%. it would be a solid overall package though with good mid range power, ok low end, and decent top end power. this will make a good street/strip engine or a good back up driver/saturday night cruiser.

i like your build except for one thing, the heads are a bit small for the cam you have selected. i would go with the AFR 185 heads instead. as for power, i am thinking in the neighborhood of 350hp plus or minus 10%. it would be a solid overall package though with good mid range power, ok low end, and decent top end power. this will make a good street/strip engine or a good back up driver/saturday night cruiser.
Thankyou for your input,just wondering what can could I use instead?

i mentioned hat already, the AFR 185 heads.
Sorry I meant to type Cam instead of can!...also can I ask im using a 3.5 lsd ratio in my 8 inch but not sure what kind of stall converter I should use?...I was leaning towards 3000 rpm or would that be a little to much as it’s never going to be raced it’s just a street car?