• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Engine Builder - Arizona

  • Thread starter Thread starter 68keyblr
  • Start date Start date Sep 18, 2004

68keyblr

20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 17, 2003
946
20
49
Arizona
Sep 18, 2004
#1
  • Sep 18, 2004
  • #1
Anyone know of a good engine shop in AZ? I'm looking to rebuild or exchange my '88 5.0 HO short block.
 

1986LX2002

Founding Member
Aug 15, 2002
317
0
0
Sep 18, 2004
#2
  • Sep 18, 2004
  • #2
I've used Basko engine service in gilbert a few times. My dad is getting his vette motor done there too. And this winter i'm getting a block built there for my 86. What part of AZ do you live in BTW. I'm in gilbert myself.
 

68keyblr

20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 17, 2003
946
20
49
Arizona
Sep 20, 2004
#3
  • Sep 20, 2004
  • #3
Thanks

1986LX2002 said:
I've used Basko engine service in gilbert a few times. My dad is getting his vette motor done there too. And this winter i'm getting a block built there for my 86. What part of AZ do you live in BTW. I'm in gilbert myself.
Click to expand...

Thanks for the tip, I'll give them a try. I'm formerly of Gilbert (Higley Groves) - but now I'm in Queen Creek
 

ROBSLXTASY

Founding Member
Dec 18, 2000
660
3
18
Sep 20, 2004
#4
  • Sep 20, 2004
  • #4
yep

I used Baskos as well and higly recommend them.. Top notch work honest and get it done fast.. I am formerly from gilbert as well higley and elliot, now on greenfield and broadway.. If you take it to Baskos let me know I can get you a 15% discount..
 
9

92BlackGT

Member
Aug 4, 2003
182
7
17
Tinker AFB, OK
Sep 20, 2004
#5
  • Sep 20, 2004
  • #5
Duffee Motorsports
 
P

P51C

Founding Member
Jul 4, 2002
64
0
0
Mesa, AZ
Sep 20, 2004
#6
  • Sep 20, 2004
  • #6
Duffee Motorsports, without a doubt or a moments' hesitation.

-MJS
 

giddyup306

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
3,041
2
59
Sep 21, 2004
#7
  • Sep 21, 2004
  • #7
Five Star Ford. They are a certified Ford Racing dealer. Located on Scottsdale and McDowel.
 
N

NightStalkersSO

New Member
Aug 23, 2004
62
0
0
Gilbert, Az
Sep 21, 2004
#8
  • Sep 21, 2004
  • #8
Yeah, Duffee and Basko are good, Standard machine is really good too, but pricey! That's who AMP has prep all their blocks
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

K
Engine rebuild in connecticut
  • Kngtmare
  • Aug 30, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
108
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
Potomus Pete
Engine Suggestions on an engine rebuild. Stock cam/GT40Ps or aftermarket on both for a fun weekend driver?
  • MadSquirrelTech
  • Apr 28, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 7, 2026
MadSquirrelTech
B
Electrical Why does my fox body keep frying eecs
  • brandyn200
  • Jun 20, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
381
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 25, 2026
AeroCoupe
Electrical Code 29 again
  • Creomod
  • Jul 31, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
272
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 3, 2026
Creomod
9
Engine Donor '00 Mountaineer meet '91 Fox
  • 91firecracker
  • May 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3
Replies
41
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 28, 2026
91firecracker
9
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?