Engine Dies Once Tstat Opens

Mavros

Nov 17, 2014
So I did a top end refresh with Gt40p heads and a ported stock intake and left stock cam in as well. Started motor this evening with no problems other than a tiny coolant leak from the heater core hoses. Fixed that and was letting it idle to warm so the tstat opens up so I can top off with coolant. Tstat opens up, radiator level drops, grab the coolant and fill up. Right as I finished topping off it sputtered and died. Let it cool off for an hour or so, go back outside and it starts. Same scenario, tstat opens, level drops, I top it off and it dies.

Any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

It was one hell of a milkshake....I apparently didn't know that the lower head bolts needed thread sealant :bang:
Got everything cleaned and dried and changed the oil, gonna finish reassembling tomorrow and see what happens.

It was one hell of a milkshake....I apparently didn't know that the lower head bolts needed thread sealant :bang:
Got everything cleaned and dried and changed the oil, gonna finish reassembling tomorrow and see what happens.

I hope you took the bolts out one at a time to not to distort the head and gasker in the order you torqued them. Also change both the oil, filter and coolant.

Reactions: 1 user