Engine Dies When Using Turn Signals, Horn, Headlights....?

TheNark

May 15, 2017
I have a 2007 Mustang Shelby GT (NOT THE GT500) unfortunately I got pulled over in Oct 2016 and received a DUI (which im still in the process of fighting).....Now I have the breathalyzer (BAIID) installed in my car ...:(

One day while sitting and waiting for about 5-7 minutes for my friend, just sitting in idle, in park.... my car dies...(it was maybe 80 degrees outside) I thought that was odd, but started it right back up... waited a couple more minutes for my friend, and the car dies again... wtf?! So he finally gets in my car, we start driving, and go to use my turn signal...car dies!!! AND NOW IT STARTS BUT IT WONT STAY ON FOR LONG!! It starts, runs for maybe 30 seconds and dies.. So we get the car back to his house, and im thinking of what it may be, started looking under the hood, called a friend (in the mean time - the engine is cooling down). After about 30 or so minutes of fiddling around, I just thought... ehhh maybe it'll just start...lol. And it did..and it ran PERFECT, the headlights and everything were working fine...:bang:

So this problem kept repeating, I kept using the process of elimination, but I am NO mechanic by any means... I have been up and down the forums looking for something similar, with no avail. Another problem is that the previous owner had a remote start w/ alarm system installed (cheap Autopage). So its a huge cluster of wires from that and the BAIID under my driver side dash:eek: I thought maybe get the remote start uninstalled? But this problem seems to correlate with the installation of the BAIID...

I called the installer of the BAIID and he was saying there was no way its from him.

Side notes: headlights, turn signals, horn, and even some times A/C seems to kill the car. This all seems to happen after the car gets to a peak temp. If in idle too long, and car dies it will start but not stay running. While driving if I use the turn signals and the car dies, it will start and stay running until I use the turn signal again..

Thank you for reading about my troubles...if anyone has any suggestions, thank you!

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet.

Your story sucks from one end to the other, sorry brother!

I'll move your thread over to the SVT Tech of the '05-'14 subforum. Hopefully someone there will be able to help you out.

Welcome to Stangnet.

Your story sucks from one end to the other, sorry brother!

I'll move your thread over to the SVT Tech of the '05-'14 subforum. Hopefully someone there will be able to help you out.

Didnt realize I was dealing with Edgar Allan Poe himself... Also, you obviously didn't actually read my post.. NOT GT500... ya :leghump: tard

What a nice reply.

Glad I took the time to try and help out..

I did read that you didn't have a GT500, and yet I decided to put your thread in the GT500. Why would I do that? Maybe because there aren't many of the Shelby GT versions and perhaps I thought you could receive help from those people there since they are fellow Shelby owners.

So, hopefully you'll understand with what is a limited amount of knowledge you could obtain in a mere 28 years of life that someone was trying to help you out.

Easy to be a rude badass online, isn't it my friend. I still hope you get some help with your mustang issues.

Reactions: 1 user