• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Fox Engine Fan Noise

  • Thread starter Thread starter mcalvo
  • Start date Start date Aug 31, 2024
M

mcalvo

Member
Mar 17, 2022
51
5
18
Phoenix
Aug 31, 2024
#1
  • Aug 31, 2024
  • #1
Gentlemen;

I need your expertise on this one. I am hoping is something simple but you are the experts.

My 93 fox vert engine stoped when I released the clutch pedal on first gear without pressing on the gas pedal. This was due the clutch cable over extended (need new clutch, other post later). The engine stop and I also lost my break booster in the process (post coming). Now when I start the engine I get a rough noise on the front of the engine. I looked and found out the fan is rubbing with the fan plastic shroud. When I manually turn the fan. I can feel the fans and the shroud rubbing. The fan turns but like I mentioned, but it makes a noise that was not making before. Can somebody let me know what would be my next step to fix this?

Thank again your input is greatly appreciated.
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,056
10,678
213
polk county florida
Aug 31, 2024
#2
  • Aug 31, 2024
  • #2
Not an expert but I would be checking the motor/trans mounts, based on your description.
 
Reactions: Sparky714, nickyb and 89ripper

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,161
4,251
183
Claremore, OK
Aug 31, 2024
#3
  • Aug 31, 2024
  • #3
I would agree that the motor mounts are smoked.
 
Reactions: nickyb
M

mcalvo

Member
Mar 17, 2022
51
5
18
Phoenix
Sep 5, 2024
#4
  • Sep 5, 2024
  • #4
Agreed!!

I should get the new fan and clutch along with the motor mounts hopefully by tomorrow.
 

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
5 Year Member
Oct 4, 2020
5,501
2,922
173
Florida
Sep 6, 2024
#5
  • Sep 6, 2024
  • #5
Might want to check your fan clutch and your water pump.... Based on the pic, sum ting wong .....
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

F
AC Compressor Power & Contour Fans
  • Fri Guy
  • Aug 27, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
477
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 15, 2026
BoostedRed89gt
Engine Contour fan CFM
  • Mustang5L5
  • Apr 6, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
13
Views
581
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 22, 2026
qikgts
2000 GT-Front Brakes Not Releasing
  • stormsedge
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
179
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 7, 2026
Bronco2fan
B
F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
537
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
U
Knowledge Sought
  • USMCE3ROFP
  • Dec 6, 2025
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
0
Views
279
Other Auto Tech Dec 6, 2025
USMCE3ROFP
U
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?