this is as big as i can get it to fit the picture max size

Attachments

• engineshot.jpg
    engineshot.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 325
synizm said:
whats an underdrive pulley?

im told im not getting more than 5-10hp out of coldair-exhaust
That's right. CAI + exhaust will net you 5-10ish. Each one on it's own is good for no more than 5hp at best.

An underdrive pulley is basically a smaller crank pulley. The smaller pulley turns all of your accessories (water pump, AC compressor, alternator, PS pump) slower, which frees up a few horsepower that were previously being leeched from the engine.

Of all the boltons (exhaust, CAI), the pulley probably nets you the single largest gain. You'll probably see 5-7hp at the wheels from the pulley.

Most people generally don't observe any ill effects as a result of driving the accessories slower.

If you're looking for big gains out of the 3.8L, you are going to be sorely dissapointed. The 3.8L is a pig. I've just given up on the power-adding mods because they are a huge WASTE OF MONEY! I have MAC CAI, MAF, TB, and true dual exhaust and the thing still moves like a slug. I'm just saving up now for a 99+ Cobra

Volldamort said:
If you're looking for big gains out of the 3.8L, you are going to be sorely dissapointed. The 3.8L is a pig. I've just given up on the power-adding mods because they are a huge WASTE OF MONEY! I have MAC CAI, MAF, TB, and true dual exhaust and the thing still moves like a slug. I'm just saving up now for a 99+ Cobra

The MAF and the TB purchase was your first mistake. Its your fault for getting your hopes up on those when there is an abundance of literature out there that says that these two are not worth the dime in 95% of applications. And if it is all you have to mod and its something you enjoy doing, then how can it be a waste of money?? Thats a completely relative argument. I had BBK cai, duals and ASP pulley and my car still ran like stock but that doesn't mean all other mods to it are a "...waste of money". Either way, its your opinion and if you want a cobra (not to say that we all wouldn't :p ), then good luck with it and I hope you land it soon.

atlblue2000 said:
The MAF and the TB purchase was your first mistake. Its your fault for getting your hopes up on those when there is an abundance of literature out there that says that these two are not worth the dime in 95% of applications. And if it is all you have to mod and its something you enjoy doing, then how can it be a waste of money?? Thats a completely relative argument. I had BBK cai, duals and ASP pulley and my car still ran like stock but that doesn't mean all other mods to it are a "...waste of money". Either way, its your opinion and if you want a cobra (not to say that we all wouldn't :p ), then good luck with it and I hope you land it soon.

I understand that the MAF and TB were hurting....so I got rid of them long ago. Perhaps you misunderstood me. I am not saying that the V6 Mustang is a POS (although I think it is) and that it has no potential. What I said is that you are going to have to spend quite a bit of money to get decent performance out of it.