Engine problem in 4 day old '06

JL_Tampa

Aug 16, 2003
Tampa Bay, FL
Hi guys,
This is John's wife and I just wanted to know if anyone else has had an engine problem with their '05 or '06. We JUST purchased this vehicle --'06 GT convertible on Sunday and I noticed the engine light was on today. I am taking the car in tomorrow and I'm SURE they will need to keep it over the weekend. I have not noticed the car acting up at all; just the light on solid, not blinking. Anyone else had this problem? I fear this could be a sign of things to come!

152 miles and already in the shop.
I have neither filled the tank with the engine running (who does that? isn't it dangerous?!) or topped off the tank. I haven't OWNED it long enough to require putting gas in! lol

JL_Tampa said:
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. My wife put some fuel in and did not tighten the cap (three clicks is what I alway heard to do). Thanks for helping guys my wife really appreciated it (me too).
Well, the little lady seems to fibbing to one of us. According to thread 6....

BAMA05REDFIREGT said:
Well, the little lady seems to fibbing to one of us. According to thread 6....
thinking faster than typing happens
JL_Tampa said:
152 miles and already in the shop.
I have neither filled the tank with the engine running (who does that? isn't it dangerous?!) or topped off the tank. I haven't OWNED it long enough to require putting gas in! lol