Engine Question

gt96stanggt

Mar 30, 2005
Tempe, AZ
Well my engine decided to take a sh... anyways.. my buddy has a 98 explorer 5.0 and i was wondering if this will work in my car? and if there is anything that i need to change on it to make it work? also is there any kind of improved performance between my 302 and the explorer 302? Thanks for any and all help!

yes it will swap... id change out the cam... also have to get rid of the explorer timing belt cover and oil pan i think... with a decent cam your looking at about 260hp you also will probally need gt40p headers...

Adam95GT said:
yes it will swap... id change out the cam... also have to get rid of the explorer timing belt cover and oil pan i think... with a decent cam your looking at about 260hp you also will probally need gt40p headers...

is it just a direct swap? i was think about a tfs stage 1 or a crane cam... i have long tube headers.. i heard the work fine.

Adam95GT said:
wait you have a 96gt... thats a 4.6...

who has a 96? i have a 95 5.0 and it looks like adam does too...

gt96stanggt said:
is it just a direct swap? i was think about a tfs stage 1 or a crane cam... i have long tube headers.. i heard the work fine.

who has a 96? i have a 95 5.0 and it looks like adam does too...

i thought you had a 96 by your name... yea some long tubes will fit... crane cam or tfs would both probally be a good choice.... its a strait swap...

Adam95GT said:
i thought you had a 96 by your name... yea some long tubes will fit... crane cam or tfs would both probally be a good choice.... its a strait swap...

i use to have a 96 back when i made this account....
does $600 for a complete motor w/ a 3month warranty sound like a good deal?