Engine sits too far to the left...

tonys5.0

Sep 17, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Has anyone switched to a tubular k-member and found that their engine sits a little too far to the left (passenger side)? I'll put some pictures up tomorrow but I swear my engine has more space on the driver's side than before. My jlt pipe barley fits in there so I may have to switch back to my stock air intake.

I also noticed my starter sits right up against my lt header and so does the motor mount. I laid up under my car for a half hour trying to figure out how to move the engine over without runing into clearnace issues with my headers and I don't see how it can be done.

Maybe I'm just paranoid but if anybody can post a picture of their engine bay I would appreciate it.

• Sponsors (?)

Ive noticed this before and Im not sure of the exact reason why.
My pasenger side head is much closer the the strut tower than the drivers
side head is to its strut tower. By eye it looks 3 inchs closer.
Can someone explain. Because I would think the drive shaft would run
right in the middle.

I read some stuff on the internet today where it was a common thing in the foxbody mustangs. I forgot the reason why but I guess it's the same with our generation mustangs? Well I have to rip everything apart anyway and do some work under the car so I went ahead and ordered energy suspension's motor mounts and a transmission mount today. Might as well replace them while everything's apart.
Can someone please tell me what I'm supposed lube the polyurethane with?

I would double check everything because it sounds like the k-member isnt squared up properly. Was the surface that the car was sitting on when you did the install level? It also might be your k-member as there have been issues with QA1 k's in the past. I know of one guy on this site that had a issue. I would have a reputable shop check it out as having the motor mis-alingned that much will cause other issue in the drivetrain.