Engine Engine Swaps?

Hi there everyone. I own a 1977 Mustang, and I've been look for engine Swaps for about 5-7 grand, that produce around 325 horsepower or more. The heads are broken on my car, and I know I could fix it, but I also just want a better engine on general. Thanks for any help everyone!

• Sponsors (?)

Hi there everyone. I own a 1977 Mustang, and I've been look for engine Swaps for about 5-7 grand, that produce around 325 horsepower or more. The heads are broken on my car, and I know I could fix it, but I also just want a better engine on general. Thanks for any help everyone!
What engine are you starting with, and how much work are you doing yourself?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I'm a big fan of using the "stock" Windsor engine, but updated: https://www.hotrod.com/articles/make-503hp-with-a-350-junkyard-302/ (the calmer of both lunati cams)
I'm also a big fan of running carbs.
Plus a nice exhaust (flow-trough design with absorbers; no chambered mufflers).
There is something about this sound and smell of such a car. Its "old scool" in it's appearance, but improved perfomance and keeping the "driveability".

I have the V8 302, And I'm trying to be as hands-on as possible. I want to learn everything about my car and I want to know how to fix each and every thing.
Then you're there.

Build the one you have (which there are literally thousands of ways to do), throw in a crate 302, 331, or 347; or pull a roller cam 5.0 from an Explorer, early SN-95, or fox-body and build that.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mll-bp3315ct/make/ford More power than you asked for, under your budget. Just swap on your II's oil pan and oil pickup tube and drop her in.

My preference was rebuilding mine. It's in the bed of my truck now fresh from the engine builder. Summit had a deal recently on the aluminum scca heads and 100 off the order. I picked a comp cam setup. Knock off eddy air gap intake. I dropped off the short block and parts I had and he gave me back my old long block with flat top pistons. All in it was well within your budget. The engine builder expects 350hp.