Engine Tower Strut or Sub-Frame Connectors

It is just a flat spot on the SUBS to allow you easy access to jack your car up, some cars that are lowered really benefit from this...

I am not sure if your M.M. full lenghts have that or not look underneath your car and see if there is flat spot..

M.M. subframes are of very high quality some of the offbrands usually are not strong enough to hold up to jacking pressures...

gtrackd02 you have a nice ride, with some traction you should be able to get some better times...

• Sponsors (?)

yeah im waiting for spring to get serious with this car! i finaly have enough money for a beater so time to move on to bigger stuff... thanks for the compliment! I cant wait!!!!! oh yeah i have to drive my car up a ramp to get my jack under it! lol thought you guys might like that one....

well first some tires for the track, also a brake upgrade(probably just a cobra kit or sumthin) headers and hopfully......a kb blower kit. that last one is wishfull though. Do you have any mods that would benifit my car or any advice?

AROD357 said:
It is just a flat spot on the SUBS to allow you easy access to jack your car up, some cars that are lowered really benefit from this...

I am not sure if your M.M. full lenghts have that or not look underneath your car and see if there is flat spot..

M.M. subframes are of very high quality some of the offbrands usually are not strong enough to hold up to jacking pressures...

gtrackd02 you have a nice ride, with some traction you should be able to get some better times...

I have no problem jacking the car under the MM subframes - they sit against the frame right behind the front tire - so it allows me enough room to get the jack in there. The quality is great - I was concerned at first about crushing them, but that does not seem to be a problem at all.

Can anyone tell me if this is a bad idea?

I have the Steeda strut tower brace the first week I had my car and I didnt notice one bit of difference. I ordered BBK subframes 2 days ago from Brothers Performance so I'm hoping to see a difference. Id say go with the subs

MM, Griggs, Kenny B, etc are typically strong enough to hold the car. The jacking rails just sit closer to the side so you don't have to push the jack so far under the car. Here's a pic of my KB xtreme matrix install. The rails furthest on the sides are the jacking rails. Matter of fact he's welding one of them on the passenger side.
darrin1.jpg

If you haven't already realized...go with the full length subs. The MM subs I have are easily strong enough to raise the car on and they're rectangular, so I can choose where I want to place the jack, within reason. I don't think I would want to make it a habit of raising the car using the center!

It's a big difference. The car feels more precise, predictable. Plus, if you have them put on before you do any serious HP mods, they help your car last longer. I didn't do that, and my front passenger side fender and door don't line up well nor that side of the hood. No...I haven't been in a wreck either nor do I excessively beat on it, at least I don't think so. Of course, you're starting with more HP,TQ and a newer car, so the change likely won't be as drastic as mine was. The car just feels more solid with the subs on. They will be my first mod on any future Mustang. As for how much to install...I paid $35 to have them welded in.
The only exhaust regular full length subs will affect is if you get side exiting exhaust. I think someone makes subs that will work with them, but most won't. The side exit exhaust hangs too low with subs on.

Acidpete said:
MM, Griggs, Kenny B, etc are typically strong enough to hold the car. The jacking rails just sit closer to the side so you don't have to push the jack so far under the car. Here's a pic of my KB xtreme matrix install. The rails furthest on the sides are the jacking rails. Matter of fact he's welding one of them on the passenger side.
darrin1.jpg
Is it good to have your car up on that type of life when getting subs welded in? It looks like that lift would twist the car a tiny bit, then subs are being welded in which will hold that small twist.

A friend of mine had subs welded on and now his door panel is slightly off. Because the car twisted when it was up on the lift.

I know there is a lift that will raise the car by all 4 tires. But will it allow a person to weld on subs while it is up?

yep you dont want your car do have any subs welded on to on a lift like that, because here is the proof at auto tech class i took my car in there for some exhaust welding becuase it was leaking when i tried to open the door it wouldnt open, because on the lift like that one of your sides is twisted a lil bit, not perfect for welding in subs.

anouther vote for subs.

I had them on my 00 gt and wow what a huge difference they made, one of the more noticable mods in my opinion. I also had a strut tower brace put on and the only thing I noticed that it did was stop the squeeking in the dash, but other than that I was disapointed. next mod for the cobra, subs. :nice:

BadMoFo said:
anouther vote for subs.

I had them on my 00 gt and wow what a huge difference they made, one of the more noticable mods in my opinion. I also had a strut tower brace put on and the only thing I noticed that it did was stop the squeeking in the dash, but other than that I was disapointed. next mod for the cobra, subs. :nice:
Since you have IRS.....

What brand will work with IRS? Do all of them work? If I ever get subs, I would like to get MM.

Thanks.