engine worn out

FoxRod87

Feb 1, 2006
Carolina
I am getting alot of oil in the intake pipe does this mean the engine is worn out. The oil is leaking on the ground from the intake pipe. I was thinking of getting a good used engine from MPS autosalvage 99-04. and swapping it one weekend. would it be a good swap? Would it be fairly easy? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry, but its coming from the INTAKE? If that's the case you have either a horribly clogged PCV Orr you are pulling some mad vacuum. If its coming from the exhaust there are a few possibilities.

1. You have oil getting past the rings
2. You have oil getting past the valve seal.
3. You have oil being pulled into the TB from the PCV.
4. You have a serious conceptual error on how to add oil to your engine....kidding - I hope.

Seriously though, that's all I can think of at the moment.

yes it is leaking out of the intake pipe to the air filter and onto the inner fender then on the ground. it has a new pcv valve. it does smoke out the exhaust but only at WOT when it sucks the oil out of the pipe. I have not done any mods to the pcv system. What could be causing alot of vacuum?

That's pretty wierd for sure. Does your car run properly? Do you have a powerful aftermarket oil pump?

The only way I can think that oil is getting in there is if the passenger cam cover is filling with oil and going through the pcv into the intake and then draining down to the filter. If that is the case, the drainback channels are fouled by something. But I am pretty sure any excess would just drain down the inside of the front cover.

This is a really interesting. Check for wierd noises, clacking or tapping. The only thing that I can think is you popped a follower off and its blocking a drain.

Replace the PCV valve, if that doesn't help then id recommend installing a catch-can somewhere in the PCV line. I gurantee you thats where the oil is coming from, I have the same problem and just got myself a catch can to fix it but im supercharged so that problem is a little more common for us.