Engine's not running so smooth...

bryan0

Jun 9, 2005
Bethel, CT
My car makes a heartbeat-like sound very often. No, it doesn't go bump bump, but it does go bump.....bumpbump....bumpbumpbump very sparatically and it sounds like the sound your heart makes coming out of the exhaust. You can both hear and feel this problem.

So far I have done the following to try and fix it:
checked all connections/tube fittings like 10 times
seafoam'ed the crankcase, pcv, and gas tank
cleaned the maf
replaced one O2 sensor (unplugged one and drove the car, ran the same, so replaced it)
replaced the fuel filter

Has anyone had this kind of thing happen to them? I can't afford to bring it to ford, as they charge a disgusting $90/hr and they take their time. I just want it to be fixed, it's been doing it for a month, and I'm sick of it, I haven't been driving it that much. Any help would be tremendously appreciated. I'm open to all suggestions. thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

yes, that's when the problem is most prominent

so should I check my plug gaps? i have ngk's and they only have about 2k miles on them
I heard people put oil or somehting on the rubber boot of the cop?

bryan0 said:
yes, that's when the problem is most prominent

so should I check my plug gaps?
I heard people put oil or somehting on the rubber boot of the cop?

repalce all the plugs and check the bottoms of the coil boots... if they are cracked and or swelled badly then you can buy new boots... if there is any signs of water in the wells dry them out with comprssed air and install the new plugs.