Error codes

ballajb64

Jul 13, 2006
California
Right now I am having problems with my car... Right now i can not go over 3500 rpms... When i reach that it starts to tach out... I ran my codes with the key in the on position and 81,82,85,84,22,33 and 95 came up. I also ran the codes with the car running and 33,94 and 44 came up. I know some of these are smog codes and i am running long tube headers but for the others, what are the specifics that i need to do to get these to go away?

• Sponsors (?)

Main one to focus on is code 22, its a Map/BP code. You really need a volt meter that has a hertz reading capability on it to check. Other than that, check the connections at the sensor. You should have 5v or so betwenn vref and sigrtn. If so, then you need to check the Map signal(not sigrtn) wire from the ECM to the Map/BP PIN at the ECM. Should be 0-5ohms

Possibly, but if its bad it still needs to be replaced.

One thing I noticed is the MAP/BP code was not in the KOER codes. Was it a memory code?

I will say that most situations like yours, are ignition related. And some MAF sensor related. You can rule out any possibility of it being the MAF by unpluging the MAF and see if it will rev higher than 3500 that way. Make sure your grounds are good, and make sure you plug wires are not resting on the headers.