Everything always seems to happen at once

04GTMustang

Feb 28, 2006
Stafford
Well the mustang is down for some time hahaha. Trans went before the motor though. Now everytime i put the car in 3rd gear it grinds. it use to grind only under WOT and shifting at high rpms into 3rd. Now its all the time.

It is 100% my fault though for the trans dying out on me. went to the track 2 weeks ago and ran this :D:

RT.703
60' 1.56
330' 4.602
1/8th ET 6.896
1/8th MPH 100.53

:D

14psi advanced timing, 12.3 air fuel, methanol, and some of snow performance nitromethane added to the mix.

it was about 54 degree weather so it was perfect. car was making 16.5psi at redline hahaha. but i got booted after that run. first runs of the night were a 7.1 and a 7.0 both at 99mph. tire pressure was dropped to 15psi and i gave her hell on that last one :nice:

went to the track last week on 11psi again. (another leak in my methanol tank) i ran a best of 7.625 at 93mph. ran 6 different 7.6s hotlapping the whole night and it was another 57 degree night and made 12.2 psi at redline.

anyways last week on my final run i pretty much lost 3rd gear. it would not go into gear and was grinding like crazy on the way home every time i stuck it in 3rd so i am sure the synchros are toast lol.

in any case though i broke into the 6s on a stock motor lol but the trans is dead just shy of 100,000 miles lol :rlaugh: surprised it went before the engine.

• Sponsors (?)

whoops i forgot to finish what i was writing regarding everything always happening at once. a coworker walked into my office and started talking to me so i lost my train of thought hahaha. my mazda truck also does not run good anymore its misfiring. cleaned the MAF, new plugs, and new air filter. Possibly the fuel filter is the problem but i am using this opportunity to purchase a new F150 lariat with the ecoboost motor :) the fiance and i need a bigger car anyways to be able to get the german shepherd in there lol