Exhaust and (possibly engine) for now?

oddcrap

Banned
Jan 20, 2006
Well,
I've saved up around 12k for a stang that I'll be getting most likely in July-August of this year. I plan to do many upgrades to the car such as;
Windows, tint, exhaust (and possibly the engine) if my parents allow me to. Anyway I'm here today to ask some questions such as the type of exhaust I want, the best % tint.. ect The owner of a restauraunt I work at has an 2006 Ferrari355 Spider andhe usually getsdrunk alot so I end up giving him a ride home. The exhaust on the ferrari is what I want on the mustang (lol) or something similiar. I know it's not going to be exact but I've heard some cobras and other stangs that sound pretty awesome. What do you reccomend? I dont want anyone to see inside the windows, what percent of tint do you reccomend? If my parents let me get something for the engine to boost the HP what would you guys recoemd? Supercharger/Procharger?

• Sponsors (?)

I assume you are getting used, but used what? v6 or GT? A v6 won't have an amazing exhaust sound. The GTs and Cobras will be more throaty. As for tint, don't fall into the trap of wanting to get the darkest possible (that your state will allow)...it becomes a pain in the butt at night, and quite frankly a bit dangerous to drive.

For tinting, Tint your side windows as dark as legally allowed, and tint your back window dark enough that you feel comfortable driving around with. Mine block 80 or 85 percent, whatever NM's limit is, and if someone comes up behind me with high beams on, and I flick the mirror to not blind me, I can't see anything else out the back, so be aware.

As for exhaust, I have an '03 V6 and I tried flowmaster and dual exhaust, but I still sound like a pissed off bumblebee. It's really not worth the effort to do exhaust other than that dual exhaust look.

cut off the y-pipe, get and h-pipe made with 2.5" pipes, and look at a straight thru muffler, they tend to sound better on a V6 than chambered mufflers. the 2.5" pipes will make it sound deeper than 2.25", and you wont lose power.. i like the magnaflow or the magnapack mufflers.. or if you want to get serious with the exhaust, yank off everything and get some longtube headers, off-road h-pipe (its kinda illegal though), and 2.5" pipes leading to muffler of your choice.. just so you know, no matter what people tell you, flowmasters will NOT give you the sound you are looking for.. but thats just my opinion. good luck

97sally6 said:
cut off the y-pipe, get and h-pipe made with 2.5" pipes, and look at a straight thru muffler, they tend to sound better on a V6 than chambered mufflers. the 2.5" pipes will make it sound deeper than 2.25", and you wont lose power.. i like the magnaflow or the magnapack mufflers.. or if you want to get serious with the exhaust, yank off everything and get some longtube headers, off-road h-pipe (its kinda illegal though), and 2.5" pipes leading to muffler of your choice.. just so you know, no matter what people tell you, flowmasters will NOT give you the sound you are looking for.. but thats just my opinion. good luck

Hey,
I have no idea what you're talking about, as far as the cutting goes. So your reccomendations are magnaflow or magnapack? Can you give me some links to what you're refering to. And do you think I can install the exhaust myself?

Anything as far as the engine or more info on tint? I'm in FL so I don't know all the limits. What about rims, sterio.. ect? I can't wait till the summerr!!! :SNSign: Now if only I can find someone in FL to install all this for me :p

ok, in the exhaust, first come the headers, then the catalytic converters, then 2 pipes that make a y shape that come together into one pipe and leads out the back of your car through the muffler and the tailpipe. cut off everything after the catalytic converters and tell the exhaust shop you want an h-pipe, either 2.25" or 2.5", its really up to you. (2.5" gives a deeper sound). tell them to connect the h-pipe to the mufflers of your choice, then use the same size pipe after the mufflers as before, leading out the back of your car, ending in the tips of your choice. you can get it all made at the shop, or order parts online. hottexhaust.com has really low prices on magnaflow products, but look at magnaflow.com beforehand to get the right application. mustangtuning.com has alot of choices for exhaust, and good prices

once you cut off the y-pipe, you can bolt up any gt exhaust to your car, as long as the pipes are the same size. its possible to put it all together at home if you have some jackstands, but you WILL need to get it all welded together after your done, so either way you will probably need to visit an exhaust shop. they might even have what you want in stock, so it might be a good idea to check before you order something.

Idk i've got flowmasters on my car and i think it sounds deeper than magnaflows i've heard on other v6s but thats just my opinion. No matter what you get if you want it to sound really throaty throw on some headers. If your interested in performance.. supercharging is great only if you can put up the cash otherwise look for performance mods like gears, cams, intake.. the little things. And as for the tints: http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/ :nice:

and dont forget about money for tickets lol.. i've hardly had my license for a month let alone my car and i've already got one. cops love to hate stangs

Unfortunately it is the "Y" adapter type. I hope to get true duals later but for now I am content with my current setup. Once I get the pnp and s/c the "Y" pipe is coming out and and true duals will be going on. Bassani once again, of course.

Thanks for everyone's help it's much appreciated. Just for an FYI; I don't plan to install this exhaust unless it's easy to do? I've built a computer which kind of takes some thinking but not that much. Let alone I don't know if I have the right tools? That bassani exhaust, any vids or clips of it on a 04 V6 stang? Or is the sound equal for all stangs?