Exhaust Leak Problem

ry94stang50

Jun 21, 2013
Brick, NJ
Ok so the latest in my mustang problems is a pretty bad exhaust leak. It almost sounds like its either the passanger side header or h pipe.The only part of the whole system that is fsctory are the headers. Are they prone to failure after awhile? Is there a certain spot I should look? I poped the hood and it ddoesn't sound like it could be a gasket and ir sounds like its more under the car. The h pipe and cat back is aftermarket no cats. Its not welded up there either. Could it be where the header connects to the h pipe? My cars also lowered and therws a few dings and dents throuout the system. It sounds like a pretty big leak completly changed the tone of the exhaust and it sound like ass. Almsot embarassing lol

• Sponsors (?)

I'm gonna get under there today and see what's going on its def coming from pass side header h pipe area. Maybe this is my excuse to get a new exhasut system. Anyways I want headers but don't know what's good to look for like size shorty long tubes unequal its all new to me. I'm also going to get a new x pipe. I have an h now I figured its time to switch. And I don't know what cat back I have either so ill get something soon enough. But now its headers and x pipe any suggestions?

I figured it out. The h pipe is rotted out at the connection to the headers. So I need a new mid pipe. And while I'm at I will do the headers since there still stock. I also found out that I have a Mac catback.