Exhaust manifold paint

• Sponsors (?)

In the newest Mustang Monthly there is a section under powder coating where they paint exhaust manifolds and then try powder coating. I don't remember but it might say what paint they used. I'd have mine powder coated if there was a company locally that does it. It coats the inside as well so it helps lower the under-hood temp.

When I was at the West Springfield, MA swap meet a couple weekends ago, I ran into this vendor who offers exhaust manifold coating. They had a sample cast iron manifold there that looked pretty good.

Central CT Coatings | Home

Yes, but have you used any of their manifold coating? If so, how does it do? It may look good but does it hold up? I really do not want to keep taking the manifold off.

A buddy of mine turns wrenches on some of the Commemorative Air Force warbirds. He told me the engine paints they use come from the "Corr-Paint" product line at Aremco Products, Inc.. In addition to several colors available, the stuff comes in several different series according to heat resistance. I think the website has downloadable brochures and instructions.

I've used the VHT high-temp stuff in the past with poor results (it started to flake off).

Best I've found is "Satin Black" from Techline Coatings. It's not cheap tho and you need your own gun.