exhaust manifold stud

• Sponsors (?)

1996-2004-mustang-long-tube-headers_mac.jpg

Attachments

• 1996-2004-mustang-long-tube-headers_mac.jpg
    1996-2004-mustang-long-tube-headers_mac.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 106
??? Why the pic of the long tubes?
Got the offending stud out, wasn't JB'd, just alot of corrosion @ surface of head. Ended up drilling out the center of the stud till I could get ahold of it and get it to thread out. Project complete, all is good.

??? Why the pic of the long tubes?
Got the offending stud out, wasn't JB'd, just alot of corrosion @ surface of head. Ended up drilling out the center of the stud till I could get ahold of it and get it to thread out. Project complete, all is good.

In your OP you indicated a broken stud and what appeared to be an original repair with JB Weld. A broken stud is one thing but a manifold with a broken stud that appeared to have been repaired with JB Weld sounds like a candidate for replacement and if you're going to be replacing the manifolds LTs might have been an option depending on where you're located (i.e. emissions tests.)

Glad you were mistaken on the 'Weld and have it sorted out now.

In your OP you indicated a broken stud and what appeared to be an original repair with JB Weld. A broken stud is one thing but a manifold with a broken stud that appeared to have been repaired with JB Weld sounds like a candidate for replacement and if you're going to be replacing the manifolds LTs might have been an option

AAH, gotcha.
Thanks, it was actually for my truck, '03 Heritage Edition F150 4.6, a salt belt neglect victim. Got JBA shortys and found 2 cracks in pass side manifold in the prossess of the swap. Nice thing is what I thought might have been the dreaded piston slop, was just the manifold leaking :D.