Exhaust opinions? VRS, Dr.Gas, Flowmaster?

nmcgrawj

Advanced Member
Sep 28, 2003
Indianapolis, IN
Whats up guys? Im planning to do a h/c/i on my motor next spring, so i will be saving up till then and buying parts....thanks to that wonderful college budget. But anyway, im thinking about my exhaust...

I know i want to run the Spintech Prostreets and i will have BBK's long tube headers (chrome or ceramic???). Im pretty sure i want a x-pipe and now a h. But which company? I noticed VRS has a stainless steel version of the x-pipe that is similar to Dr.Gas's style (a true X not like bbk, etc.) But i also was thinking about flowmaster's new universal system called "D-Port" where it looks like its a x-pipe just just the cross over is longer.

Anyway, which company do you think i should go with? The prices are all right inthe same neighborhood. Is dr.gas stuff stainless?

Here is the page about Flowmaster's D-port:
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pdfs1/15932np.pdf
It will probably rust out quick though...

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

stunner6910 said:
said it once and will say it again, well i guess all you have to do is read my sig

I would go with the prochamber if i was going to stick with Flows, but i dont want that "chambered" sound with the Spintechs. Thats why i want a X-pipe.

But that prochamber is a nice piece...

One word: BASSANI

I got mine last year, fits like a glove, quality construction (full stainless), lifetime warranty, looks cool and sounds great. Might be a bit more but worth the extra $$$.

Thats my 2 cents anyway

Matt

I'll tell you how I like my VRS one, once I get it on. May try to find some time to get it on this weekend. If not, it'll be Tuesday. I'm anxious to hear what it sounds like.

One thing I'll say, it is very well made! :nice: I bet the stainless one would be awesome.

67stang390 said:
Don't get Flowtech. Mine sounds good but I had to have an exhaust shop weld extra bends on it to get it to fit. Terrible fitment quality.

I was not thinking about flowtech, flomaster has a pipe out(universal fit though :notnice:) that is called a D-port which looks like an X-pipe or something close to it. No one seems to know or heard about it much though :shrug:

Mrgreen94gt said:
I'll tell you how I like my VRS one, once I get it on. May try to find some time to get it on this weekend. If not, it'll be Tuesday. I'm anxious to hear what it sounds like.

One thing I'll say, it is very well made! :nice: I bet the stainless one would be awesome.

Are you gonna have to weld that one in?