Exhaust PLEASE HELP

So I have a 2003 Mustang GT.....and Am looking for an exhaust system, one that sounds nice and gives some HP.........I was thinkin along the line of some Catbacks and long-tube headers.....
I talked to one guy, he gave me prices:
Headers: $485
MAC cats: $383
He said that most people dont bother with headers, because of the labor required to install them, and that the full system would give me 15-20 hp more.

A local guy gave me prices
Flowtek headers: $371
Dynamax cats: $1380
Flowmaster system with super43 (or something) muffler: $725

He also told me the muffler itself will get me 25 hp more....I highly doubt it...

But I'm not sure, I'm goign to talk to more people around here...But I was wondering what you guys would suggest.
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The mod motor is already tuned to make as much HP as possible. Bolt ons provide minimal gains and HP costs coin.

Do not think about how much HP exhaust will give you anyway. Instead focus on getting something that sounds good to you.

Start by searching this forum if you are serious about doing your exhaust right the first time. There have been MANY threads about this and a few searches will reveal tips, recommendations, and even sound clips of different types of exhaust setups.