Exhaust Question Help?

Silver05GT

May 9, 2005
Hey guys hows it going I am hoping to run the eleanor kit later on down the road and would like to run my exhaust out the side now so that I dont have to fiddle with it later. My question is there inst much room in the tunnel for the mufflers like the old stangs so I was wondering what types of ideas people have for running a side exhaust. I was thinking maybe i could tip the mufflers slightly sideways to get them to fit in the driveshaft tunnel and then run the tubing out the side. I know that blow by did some type of setup for the LNR show car that they have and they were talking about some cross over setup but I wanted to see what types of ideas you guys have because Im going to be going down to the muffler shop tomorrow.

Thanks In Advance
John

• Sponsors (?)

Stick with the straight pipes and exhaust. I had the borla side exhaust on my 98 GT I know they look awesome but after a while the double tape wears out from the vibration and water wear. After about a year I had to vist the body shop every six months. I will never get side exhaust again unless it comes stock. I traded that vehicle in for my 05 GT and I am more than happy to have the slp(loudmouths) pipes on now. The company that did the side exhaust work was California Concepts in Redwood City.

Alright well tomorrow the exhaust guy is going to put some flowmaster 40 series under there 3 inch out the cat and then into a 3 inch much and then three inch pipe right out the side before the rear tire. This will be my 4 exhaust setup and Ive had the car for 3 weeks. Ill let you all know how it sounds. Im not having a molding where the pipe is going to come out its just going to be a pipe straight out the side eventually im going to get the eleanor kit but this shall do for now. It should sound pretty bitchen.

John

Silver05GT said:
Alright well tomorrow the exhaust guy is going to put some flowmaster 40 series under there 3 inch out the cat and then into a 3 inch much and then three inch pipe right out the side before the rear tire. This will be my 4 exhaust setup and Ive had the car for 3 weeks. Ill let you all know how it sounds. Im not having a molding where the pipe is going to come out its just going to be a pipe straight out the side eventually im going to get the eleanor kit but this shall do for now. It should sound pretty bitchen.

John

I thought you were going to the molding to. Just the side pipes might be a little different than what I had put on the 98. The molding is what I had trouble with. I think you will enjoy the sound alot nothin beats the sound of side exhaust. Post some pictures after you have the job done.