Exhaust too loud for me. Need advise

bigjock

Apr 28, 2009
I have an o/r pipe with flowmaster and its too loud. I dont have the stock muffler, which i want. I tried to go to junk yards but they are all v6s. I found on craigslist a pair of 2005 mustang gt muffler for 30. Will they fit on my 2000 mustang gt? or should i just buy a pair of v6 mufflers?

• Sponsors (?)

You're going about this all wrong. Your focus should be the mid-pipe, not the mufflers. Flowmaster 40's aren't much louder than the stock mufflers. It's you O/R X that's the culprit. Try welding in some high-flow cats.

I dont want to buy new cats. The reason i want to put stock muffler is because im going to sell it later on and it might be to loud for some people. Also just buying stock muffler will be way cheaper. So will the 2005 mufflers fit?

I dont want to buy new cats. The reason i want to put stock muffler is because im going to sell it later on and it might be to loud for some people. Also just buying stock muffler will be way cheaper. So will the 2005 mufflers fit?
What don't you understand? The off road pipe is what makes the car loud! Flowmasters are actually very quiet. They just offer a little more tone than stock. So if you want the car to be quieter you need to install a catted mid pipe or add cats to the car.

What don't you understand? The off road pipe is what makes the car loud! Flowmasters are actually very quiet. They just offer a little more tone than stock. So if you want the car to be quieter you need to install a catted mid pipe or add cats to the car.

+1

Stock style mufflers with the O/R mid-pipe will still be loud. Either find a stock mid-pipe or buy a catted one.

Reactions: 1 user